• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ipad or Windows New to the business

Ipad or Windows New to the business 10 years 8 months ago #54760

Hello all,  I am new to the business and while i have both an older ipad and have been using windows systems for years i was wondering which of the two should i go with.  Since I am starting out fresh i can go either way.  I like the software and have checked it out on the ipad but I also want what real world users best advice as far as pro's and cons for the two main systems.

Thanks

Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Ipad or Windows New to the business 10 years 8 months ago #54766

Hi Eric,

The combo of the two will work well. Use the iPad on site to collect data, then transfer the inspection to Windows to finish the job.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Ipad or Windows New to the business 10 years 8 months ago #54772

Dom... are you stating that as a "recommendation" or as a "capable of" option?

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: Ipad or Windows New to the business 10 years 8 months ago #54776

I was wondering if it would be best to stick with one platform.  I will be purchasing a newer ipad or windows tablet for the main purpose of Home Inspecting and intend on using the HIP software and wanted to get a feel for what most people are recommending.

Thanks

Re: Ipad or Windows New to the business 10 years 8 months ago #54777

It's hard to choose a favorite as there's so many great devices right now. Eric, after you finish collecting data on the iPad you can finish the inspection on a Mac or Windows device. Which one doesn't matter. HIP is basically identical in both.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Ipad or Windows New to the business 10 years 8 months ago #54826

Hi Eric-

Welcome to inspections! I used HIP Mobile with an iPad downloaded to a PC.  It worked very well.  I made the decision to switch to all Macs. (that's a learning curve).  Now I use HIP Mobile on a iPad and download to a Mac.  Exact same process.  Either way will work well.

Willis Home Inspections proudly inspecting homes in Colorado Springs, Fountain, Peyton, Manitou Springs, and the Tri Lakes Region
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.