• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HIP Mobile Question

Re: HIP Mobile Question 10 years 11 months ago #53729

I disagree Bob. Remember, batch add is so fast that there's really no actual time savings with live slotting. It's the fact that it forces you to do it on site that causes the time saving. You could do that with a Windows tablet too.

If you're using the note feature or know your template well then search as you type isn't needed. But it definitely helps and will be implemented in Windows in the future too.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: HIP Mobile Question 10 years 11 months ago #53730

My issue with windows version in the field was the print size.
Have not used the ctlgo in a long time however seem to recall no way to adjust font at all.
The top tabs looked small during use for me at least.
The mobile version you can adjust screen size and also find with swift keys the predictive typing helps while there is no real predictive on a windows tablet.]

Doing a poll at NACHI right now and people seem to favor mobile over windows in the field.

Re: HIP Mobile Question 10 years 11 months ago #53737

Font size can be changed via the Control Panel->Resolution Settings.

Dominic Maricic

Re: HIP Mobile Question 10 years 11 months ago #53741

With the advance of windows tablets, windows will shortly become another (if not better) mobile option especially when the search mode is added to it.

Title: pre purchase building surveys
Url: www.propertyhealthcheck.ie
Body: Our thorough Pre-Purchase Building Survey will mean that YOU won?t get stuck buying a Money Pit. We offer Premium Pre-Purchase Building Surveys that assist our clients in making informed decisions before buying their...

Re: HIP Mobile Question 10 years 11 months ago #53836

So, let's expand this subject a little and let me get others advice.

I have used HIP on a HP Slate for about 1.5 years.  I really liked it because I could use a bluetooth keyboard/mouse to finish the first inspection before going to the 2nd.  But, I could not find any type of case for it and I dropped it Friday and broke it.  Costs more to replace the glass than to buy another on Ebay.  In the short term, I took over my wife's IPad and am using HIP Mobile.  I always have work to do on the report after I get back to the office because my template requires some typing for customization of comments.  I don't like doing a lot of typing in the field.  I will just make a voice recording and finish the comment with a real keyboard/mouse/monitor.

Well, I am liking the mobile version.  I like being able to take pictures and they get put into place.  I like having a protective/weather proof case.  I currently carry a digital camera and a voice recorder in a double-pocket camera bag around my neck.  I am considering getting a 7-8 inch tablet and protective case with a neck strap.  I think I could do everything with the right tablet. 

The only set back I see is that you can only get a waterproof protective case for the IPad or Ipad mini.  I like the Samsung Galaxy 2 7 inch but don't really want it without the right case.  I read earlier about new 7 inch windows tablets that are coming but I am cheap and probably want pay for a new-to-market tablet.  I tried a CTL2Go and had a bad experience. 

What are my other options?  Do you use a small tablet with HIP Mobile?  If so, what?  Please give me your advice.  Thanks.

P.S.  Dominic went above and beyond the call of duty to get me working on the IPad this past weekend.  He provides amazing customer service.

Re: HIP Mobile Question 10 years 11 months ago #53840

The iPad works great so it's my top choice for mobile. Since there's only a few iPads it's MUCH easier for us to debug any issues versus the 2,000+ Android devices. So the iPad typically will run smoother.

You can get an otterbox for the Samsung Galaxy 2 which is water proof.

Dominic Maricic
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.