• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HIP Mobile Question

Re: HIP Mobile Question 10 years 11 months ago #53845

One minor correction, according to the Otterbox web site...  The Defender series case is not waterproof.  It will probably work for me, since I don't plan to submerse it in water.  I just need it to be protected from rain. 

Anybody using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10 or 7 inch) with HIP.  Have you had any problems?  Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: HIP Mobile Question 10 years 11 months ago #53861

Thanks for the tip Eric!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: HIP Mobile Question 10 years 11 months ago #53888

I went Thursday to buy an IPad mini and changed my mind in the store.  I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch.  I made that decision because the Samsung keyboard has letters and numbers on the same screen and the keyboard has a caps lock function.  Both features are very useful in recording models/serial numbers.  The IPad does not have those options.  I also bought an Otterbox Defender case for it.  That case provides a lot of protection but is not waterproof - bummer.  I did an inspection yesterday in the rain with a Samsung.  I used it for HIP, as a voice recorder and as a camera.  I was very pleased.  The camera on the Samsung is a 3mp compared to a 5mp on the IPad mini.  However, the Samsung camera did a much better job than the camera on my wife's IPad 2.  If I could find a waterproof case with a shoulder/neck strap, it would be perfect. 

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.