• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: PC vs MAC

PC vs MAC 11 years 1 week ago #53599

I have an older desk top so I purchased a MAC Book Pro so I can do inspections in the field. I understand there is learning curve but is it just easier to use a PC Laptop instead and return this thing? I understand it is personal preference... I am just trying to start a topic to see what people are saying.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: PC vs MAC 11 years 1 week ago #53600

For Home Inspector Pro, the two are identical. Overall[ you'll have less problems with the Macbook. I'd keep it and start learning, the curve isn't that big.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: PC vs MAC 10 years 11 months ago #53823

• scott97
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Michael, I used a PC laptop from 2002 to 2009 and loathed all but the first couple years...the racket of messing with and paying for the virus protection software, trying to keep virus definitions up to date...then programs freezing and/or the system frequently crashing...then running slower...and slower.  I finally bit the bullet in July of '09.  It was tough.  I found out quickly that I was only "PC intuitive" and not at all "Mac intuitive."  For the first 10 agonizing days, I wanted to take a sledgehammer to my new MacBook Pro.  The only thing that made me stick with it was that I wanted to shoot a bazooka at my PC....Then I started to become Mac intuitive pretty fast.  I have never looked back, and I've sworn I will never go back to a PC, even if some "required" software was only available on a PC, which brings us to HIP and Dominic....

....See, when I became interested in home inspection, I saw the reviews of software and talked with inspectors who (when they found out I was a Mac person) suggested I simply buy a cheap PC tablet, don't go online with it, and dedicate it to home inspection software like HomeGauge or 3D or something else.  I said no way, I'll find something that works on a Mac.  Enter HIP and Dominic.  I am still learning to use HIP (have yet to generate a report for a paying client), but Dominic's customer service is rare.  I wish all companies had his level of prompt, personal customer service.

Not sure if you still have your MacBook Pro, but I'll take a risk never having met you and say that you will eventually love your Mac, just like everyone else I know who has switched from a PC.  You might find someone online who says they went back to a PC, but I've never met one or even heard of one secondhand.  In fact, by now you should be past the worst part of the learning curve.  Is that true?

Re: PC vs MAC 10 years 11 months ago #53824

Thanks for the kind words Scott ;) I've never seen anyone go back either!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: PC vs MAC 10 years 11 months ago #53831

I am  past the learning curve. My issue now is that I do 2 a day and I need the updated HIP for MAC that will allow me to use advanced colors. I can pump out a very detailed report faster on the mac than on the PC now. I still have my old PC for the just in case moments but I am a MAC man now.

You are also right about the customer service. . . . its awesome.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.