• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do I find the pictures taken on my IPad in the inspection program?

How do I find the pictures taken on my IPad in the inspection program? 11 years 1 month ago #53054

I downloaded the HIP software and tried to do an inspection using a available template on my Ipad.  I just bought it to use on inspection so there are no photos on it.  I didn't like the inspection when I finished it, it wasn't up to the standard I have been giving my clients so i redid the inspection in my old software. The problem is that I can't locate my pictures to transfer them to the new report.  Dominic sent me some directions but I don't know how to find the C Drive on the IPad so they are useless to me. Can anyone who knows Ipads help? :'(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A-Z Quality Home Inspections, Serving St George, Washington, Hurricane, and all of Southern Utah
www.youratozhome.com/
Home Inspector St. George Utah, Real Estate Inspections for Short sales and Foreclosures

Re: How do I find the pictures taken on my IPad in the inspection program? 11 years 1 month ago #53055

The C would be on your computer, not on your iPad. That will let you copy the photos out of the inspection. Or just open up the inspection on your computer after transferring the inspection to your desktop and make the changes you need to make (that would be the better option!)

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: How do I find the pictures taken on my IPad in the inspection program? 11 years 1 month ago #53086

Sorry Dominic, but I can't find them on either computer.  It is a mute issue now I went back to the property and took the photos I needed to do the inspection and get it to the client.  But that still leaves the issue of getting your software to the right level that so that I will feel comfortable giving it to clients and agents.  I am disappointed in the level of help or understanding that I have gotten to try to get answers about the software.  For example I uploaded the inspection agreement but haven't understood how to get it to show up in the report.  I am not trying to be difficult but am frustrated because it is easy for your tech guys to navigate through the software, but it is not easy for me.  That is why I waited so long to change software, it isn't ready to use out of the box so to speak. I still need help getting the narratives that I are area specific that I have developed from my former software.  Thanks

A-Z Quality Home Inspections, Serving St George, Washington, Hurricane, and all of Southern Utah
www.youratozhome.com/
Home Inspector St. George Utah, Real Estate Inspections for Short sales and Foreclosures

Re: How do I find the pictures taken on my IPad in the inspection program? 11 years 1 month ago #53087

Hi Thomas,

I understand but the message board isn't the place to go if you're having urgent issues like this. It's more for peer to peer and future feature discussions. Or for issues that aren't urgent. If you're having bigger problems you need to call tech support, click Live Support on the top of our site to do a live chat session where we can take over your computer or click Help Desk and submit a ticket that we track and get right back to.

Obviously you also have to ask the question to get it answered, such as the agreement. The agreement does not appear in the report for legal reasons. It's a totally separate document that must be signed prior to the inspection to be legally valid (preferably through your website long before the inspection takes place). Click the Contract button within HIP and click the Printer icon in the top left above it to generate a separate PDF document. It can be signed digitally via Report Settings->Client Signature as well. You could add it via Edit Documents too if you REALLY want it within the final PDF but it's not advised.

As for the pictures, I've asked you a few questions here and either email or ticket (can't remember now) that you didn't answer. Were you taking the pictures with the camera button on the iPhone/iPad or were you actually clicking the camera icon in the bottom left of HIP Mobile?

Dominic Maricic

Re: How do I find the pictures taken on my IPad in the inspection program? 10 years 10 months ago #53991

I found that taking pictures with the iPad camera was the only way to review them in full resolution on my PC. If you take within hip I could not find a way to enlarge them to zoom in on areas on my PC. Just download pic from iPad to desktop folder and import into hip.

Re: How do I find the pictures taken on my IPad in the inspection program? 10 years 10 months ago #53992

You can do that too. HIP Mobile has to resize the pics so it's not sending gigs of data through the cloud.

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.