• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Windows tablet under $500?

Windows tablet under $500? 11 years 2 months ago #52760

I'm new to HIP and new to the business. Going to work with some friends who are using android tabs to run HIP. I want to avoid paying another $200 for mobile version and $240 per year for HIP cloud service.

I'm trying to find a good windows base tablet for the job. My computer guru friend tells me the processor in the HP slate 2 is smaller than my cell phone processor and to steer clear. It seems most of the windows tablets are running atom processors or equivalent to. Do I need to worry about processor size to use my tablet primarily for HIP software and web surfing?

I found these options.

www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/...D.258447300/vip.true

I see some talk on the message boards about this one but again...processor size? I like the rugged aspect.

ctl.net/tablets/2go-convertible-classmate-pc-nl3-ec10is2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Windows tablet under $500? 11 years 2 months ago #52764

Hi Brent,

Check out the HP Slate 2, the CTL2Go is good too as is the new Surface Pro. You can also pick up cheap used tablets on eBay.

There's really no need to worry about processor size. Make sure to have 2 gigs of ram and you'll be good.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Windows tablet under $500? 11 years 2 months ago #52778

I have used the ctl2go for the last three years with no problems whatsoever.  I was concerned initially with the cooling fan as I thought it was making an unusual noise but it has been a fine computer with no glitches.  I have, however, purchased today a Samsung ATIV smart pc.  Dumped the standard browser and am using chrome.  This requires a slight adjustment but so far I really like the interface.  My plan is to keep using the CTL2go until the end and switch over to this unit.

On another note, Dom, I want to purchase the lastest update of HIP and copy it over the existing HIP on the ctl2go.  That part is easy but do I have to download a license and latest version from your site directly to the Samsung or can I transfer it over from the CTL2go to the Samsung?

Re: Windows tablet under $500? 11 years 2 months ago #52779

You can copy the entire Home Inspector Pro folder to the Samsung. Then run the latest installer to update the files.

Dominic Maricic

Re: Windows tablet under $500? 11 years 2 months ago #52780

I had tried to copy the old version onto a flash drive but for was only getting the shortcut version.. I am sure I can figure it out.  I will get the latest version first before moving it over.

Thanks!

Re: Windows tablet under $500? 11 years 2 months ago #52801

You need to copy the whole folder from C:\Program Files\Home Inspector Pro.

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.