• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tablet and holder

Tablet and holder 11 years 3 months ago #51682

Hi Folks.  Tom Iovanne here.  I was talking with Dominic and he asked that I post this info here.  I've gone back and forth on tablets... first had a PC-based tablet that, had I lived near a big cliff, it would have gone for a quick one way trip on several occasions.  Lacking that opportunity, I sold it on eBay.  Was planning to wait for the iPad version of HIP, but found the Pantech Element first.  Nice 8" Android tablet that is pretty much designed for inspectors in the Northwest because it's waterproof.  I've done outside inspections in a downpour and other than occasionally wiping off the screen to have it continue to 'read' my finger, it hasn't burped.  But the real reason for writing is the holder I purchased on Amazon... here is the link www.amazon.com/LapWorks-Handler-Adjustab...+tablet+handle+strap   I don't think I could do an inspection without it, and certainly not without having my hand cramp.  It's really comfortable to hold the tablet in one hand, it's completely secure in that it goes where my hand goes whether its hanging vertically or upside down, and the 'ears' that wrap around two of the corners protect the screen if I set it down.  Because you can set it down with the screen down and the handle up, it's really easy to slide your hand back in and go on about the inspection.  It ships with two sets of 'ears'... one short and one long.  Using two short ears will fit small tablets, using two long ears will fit the full-sized iPad, and if you have a mid-sized unit like mine, you use one short and one long.  And while the company says that if an ear tears they will ship a new one free of charge, I've been using mine for awhile now with no apparent wear.  I don't think I've got an under $30 tool that provides as much overall support to my efforts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tablet and holder 11 years 3 months ago #51685

Thanks for posting this Thomas. I just ordered one to show off at conferences. Great device!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Tablet and holder 11 years 3 months ago #51696

what a great idea.. Just might have to get one.

Re: Tablet and holder 11 years 3 months ago #51746

Thanks Thomas for the heads up!  I just ordered one!

Re: Tablet and holder 11 years 1 month ago #53027

Great info. I just drank the kool-aid a bought and ipad mini. Now I need this strap and an Otter Box type case. Any ideas on that?

Re: Tablet and holder 11 years 1 month ago #53067

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.