• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hardware Selections

Hardware Selections 11 years 4 months ago #51485

I am hunting for the appropriate hardware to use at inspections. I think I have boiled it down to the following:
Waterproof is necessary for exteriors. I know some android phones are covered by Otterbox (are all Otterboxes waterproof?)
5" android is nice and small, easy to take into crawlspaces. Am concerned about reading small screen and the scrolling required.
7" android is nice and readable with less scrolling. Also, it shows photos (to clients at the discussion of findings) better. Not much to offer from Otterbox and can't see dragging it into crawlspaces.
9" is too big for my liking. I would be putting the report together at home office on laptop/desktop.
What are guys using with success? All suggestions welcome.
Thanks

Thomas, how do you like your Pantech Element? Still happy with it? What would you change? Is that an 8"?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hardware Selections 11 years 4 months ago #51488

Hi Ray,

Yes the Otterbox or LifeProof cases: www.lifeproof.com/en/ are what you want.

Most inspector won't take larger devices into crawlspaces, you can just enter the data when you get out. If you are taking them in just make sure you have a good case.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Hardware Selections 11 years 4 months ago #51506

Thank you, Dominic

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.