• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tablet decision

Tablet decision 11 years 9 months ago #49646

I know this has been discussed a plenty...

I bought a CTL 2goPC NL3.  I have had problems.  I am on my 3rd PC and it has problems.  I am working on getting a refund now.  So, I am trying to decide where to go from here.  My experience is that I have used HIP on a Windows machine and I have played with HIP on my Android phone and on an Android tablet.  The Android version seems to be a lot of scrolling and choosing.  The Windows version allows me to go into Edit Comments mode and add a new comment when I run into something new, which seems to be every day.  Is there a way to add a new comment on the Android version?  So, to the Android users, how do you like it?  What tablet would you recommend?

Also, do you take your pictures with the Android tablet?  Is there a tablet with an optical zoom on the lens?  I heard somewhere sometime that a home inspector should not use digitally zoomed pictures because they could not be distinguished from digitally altered pictures, i.e. Photoshop-altered pictures.  Anybody know if that is true?

Dominic,
  Will the IPad version operate like the Android version, Windows version or something different?  Any expected delivery date for the IPad version?

Thanks to you all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Tablet decision 11 years 9 months ago #49656

Yes, click on the + on the Android version and it adds a new comment that can be edited at the end of the list.

There are no Android devices, tablets nor phones, in the US with an optical zoom. Digital zoom quality stinks.

The iPad version works identically to the Android version. I don't want to give any hard dates as programming is never exact!

Windows is still the best. Check out the HP Slate 2. We have had a lot more guys getting the Slate over the past year than the CTL2Go.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Tablet decision 11 years 9 months ago #49711

Does anyone know when the Ipad program will be in action?

Reading the website I thought I pad program was available.

I am moving over from pc and windows to Apple products as soon as I can afford it, I pad is a start.

Re: Tablet decision 11 years 9 months ago #49728

We're close to finishing but the iPad is way down the list of good inspection devices. Since it lacks handwriting recognition (which all windows tablets have) you end up having to set it down to use the virtual keyboard. You're much better off with a Windows tablet or a Windows or Mac laptop.

Dominic Maricic

Re: Tablet decision 11 years 9 months ago #49729

It is too bad that we cant use the ipad on site, write our notes on items (to keep inspection moving) and then take it back to office and sink it into the main computer (this way I can have a big screen to look at).  That may be an idea that we can sink the inspection report from tablets back to the main computer?

Will

Re: Tablet decision 11 years 9 months ago #49733

Hi Will,

That's exactly what the Android (already released) and iPad version do. The problem is that the only way to use the iPad to input information is with the virtual keyboard. How are you going to type on a 10" virtual keyboard while holding the iPad in 1 hand? You can't, you have to put it down (or 1 finger type which doesn't work efficiently!)

Dominic Maricic
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.