• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Time to load site

Time to load site 14 years 2 months ago #28646

• Bert de Haan
  • Bert de Haan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If it is worth doing, it's worth doing well.
  • Thank you received: 0
Is there a logical reason why this site takes a long time to load?  15- 20 seconds compared to about a second for the InterNACHI site and about 2 seconds for Inspection News. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Bert de Haan
www.KitchenerWaterlooHomeInspector.ca
Benchmark Home Inspection Services Kitchener-Wateroo and Guelph area Home Inspection
Serving Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Orangeville, Mount Forest and surrounding areas.
Keywords: Kitchener-Waterloo home inspector, Guelph home inspection,...

Re: Time to load site 14 years 2 months ago #28653

It only takes me a few seconds to load each page. Is there certain pages that are taking longer for you to load? Is it just the forum or the whole site?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Time to load site 14 years 2 months ago #28655

• James Levy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NJ#24GI00101400, FL # HI7765
The whole site takes a while, but the forum takes a really long time to load.

www.homespectllc.com
Homespect LLC
Home and commercial Inspections in Medford, Mount Laurel, Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Marlton NJ, and the surrounding areas.

Re: Time to load site 14 years 2 months ago #28668

Hmm. Well this site is actually on one of our older servers and does need to be moved. I have all your sites on the speedy ones :) After we roll out the next HIP update I'll start getting it moved. The forum is slower for a few reasons, one is I have each page showing 25 posts rather than the normal 10. More data to load but easier to read in one sitting and it also goes through a buffer right now to allow the single login to all parts of the site. I'll see what else I can do to juice it up in the meantime. At work I'm on a really high speed connection which is probably why I don't notice a big difference.

Dominic Maricic

Re: Time to load site 14 years 2 months ago #28722

• Bert de Haan
  • Bert de Haan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If it is worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Is there certain pages that are taking longer for you to load? Is it just the forum or the whole site?

Clicked the link to this post; 12 seconds.
Getting to the home page; 6 seconds.
Getting to the message board; 12 seconds
Clicked on "Show unread posts since last visit: 15 seconds.
Clicked on InterNachi link; 2 seconds.

It is not that it bothers me a whole lot.  I've gotten used to having two windows open.  I read a post on the one while the other one loads and then I switch.
I was just concerned that the guy who is going to host my site has such a slow site himself.  (Just kidding.)

Bert de Haan
www.KitchenerWaterlooHomeInspector.ca
Benchmark Home Inspection Services Kitchener-Wateroo and Guelph area Home Inspection
Serving Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Orangeville, Mount Forest and surrounding areas.
Keywords: Kitchener-Waterloo home inspector, Guelph home inspection,...

Re: Time to load site 14 years 2 months ago #28724

LOL. The problem is that this site is huge and has many sites integrated into it (reporting system, forums, site content, etc). Moving it doesn't require just copying the site, I have to upgrade parts of it to work with newer servers. The servers you guys are on scream. 8 core 2.2ghz processors with 4-8 gigs of ram.

Show unread posts has to do quite a bit of work to calculate what you haven't read, so that makes sense. The rest should be much quicker. We'll get it working faster soon.

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.695 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.