• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A New Tablet!! CTL2Go

Re: A New Tablet!! CTL2Go 14 years 2 months ago #29873

So am I understanding that the T91 and the CTL2go, both have the same features?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ed DeRousse
Best Choice Home Inspection's
www.northernvirginiahomeinspector4u.com
Home Inspector Providing Home Inspections and Radon Testing in Alexandria, Fairfax, Manassas, Stafford, Woodbridge and anywhere in the Leesburg or Northern Virginia area's.

Re: A New Tablet!! CTL2Go 14 years 2 months ago #29895

The CTL2go is .3 ghz faster (1.3ghz vs 1.6ghz), the CTL2go has the handle to make it easier to carry and is water resistant and has a much harder shell for protection. Other than that they are pretty similar.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: A New Tablet!! CTL2Go 14 years 2 months ago #29953

Okay I talked to the manufacturer and they said they think its a bad cable.  They will fix it because its under warranty, but here is the rub.  They say they try to have them done within 75 working hours.  That comes out to 10 days on an 8 hour work day!!!!  I cant go without this thing for 10 days.  They do offer a rush repair service for $100.  And they only return ship ground unless I pay for faster service.  And they don't offer loaner computers.

So, if I want to get this thing fixed I have one of three choices...

1) Do my inspections like I use to and spend 5-6 hours on it. (This is not really an option)
2) Pay for over night shipping both ways and the $100 rush fee (Don't feel I should have to pay this extra $100)
3) Go on vacation for 10 days while they fix my computer. (This is the busiest time of year)

I think I may just have to suck it up and pay the money to get it fixed faster.  I figured this computer has saved me ~ $1200 in man hours just in the few months that I've had it.  It has paid for itself 2 times over!!!

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: A New Tablet!! CTL2Go 14 years 2 months ago #29972

You might get it fixed quick, it just depends on what is actually going on. They have to build in time for their to be more serious problem that they'd have to order parts for. I'd still hope they'd fix it in 3 business days and ship it back. 10 days is definitely a bit much.

Dominic Maricic

Re: A New Tablet!! CTL2Go 14 years 2 months ago #29979

They said it would only take a couple of hours to fix it if it is the cable.  The time was dependent on how many computers were in for repair pipeline prior to mine.  And he couldn't give me a better estimate than the 75 working hours.   :-\

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: A New Tablet!! CTL2Go 14 years 2 months ago #29983

Yeah, sounds right. You don't want to promise someone same day and it turns out to be a more serious issue.

Dominic Maricic
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.