• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AVG Better?

Re: AVG Better? 14 years 8 months ago #19816

I have also used AVG together with zonealarm and Spybot for years.  They're all the free version and I've not had a single issue.  My wife is a IT person with Dell  and rates them highly, so why pay when you can get it free?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: AVG Better? 14 years 7 months ago #21920

I used AVG for a long time until I got nabbed by one nasty virus/worm that it did not detect and even after updating, could not get rid of the program.  It attacked the registry, boot sector and just about everything else.  AVG, no help.  Avast, no help.

What did get rid of it and has kept my computer clean from virus and spyware is PC Tools Spyware Doctor with Anti-virus.  Cost was $39.95 and was licensed for 3 computers.  Just enough for my 2 laptops and tablet.  Quietly runs in background with auto updates and most important, IS NOT a memory hog.

Free programs are ok, but if they don't work, they are exactly worth what you paid for them.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Re: AVG Better? 14 years 7 months ago #21921

The truth is no matter what program you get you could get infected with a 0 day virus (one in which the virus programs haven't protected you from yet). No program will protect you 100% of the time. I don't think AVG's program checks for rootkits which might be what you got, you have to get their paid version.

Did you ever find out the name of the trojan you got?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: AVG Better? 14 years 7 months ago #21922

Yeah, but I don't remember the whole thing.  It was a worm of some sort.  4 days of wondering if I would lose everything.  I keep my computers updated pretty well but this just showed up out of nowhere.  Middle of a late night...... just after chatting with you..... hmmmm.  Now that I think of it,  it was just after I kicked your butt in fantasy football.  hmmmm.

So what are you going to download to my computer this week?

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Re: AVG Better? 14 years 7 months ago #21926

MUAHAHA :D

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: AVG Better? 14 years 6 months ago #22437

I DL'd the AVG internet security program. I had the choice of the anti-virus or the internet security and since the internet security was free for 30 days I thought I would try it. So far so good. Anyone else tried the internet security version? Any issues or concerns? I do not know if I need the internet security, I did have Kaspersky internet security in the past and I liked it.

<b>Title:</b> Orland Park Home Inspector
www.OrlandParkHomeInspections.com
<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679
<b>UPath:</b>...
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.