• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: List of problems - when will they be fixed?

List of problems - when will they be fixed? 8 years 11 months ago #60973

Here is a list of problems that we have.  I am just curious the plan for fixing these.  Some have existed for some time.  Thanks
  • RecallChek page - I have it set in my template.  When I save the template, upload to cloud, download to mobile, do inspection, upload to cloud and download to PC, the RC page is not saving the 3rd setting.  Thus, I have to redo that page for every inspection
  • RecallChek page - I need more listings.  We are doing bigger houses with more systems and need more than 25
  • RecallChek - please send the serial number to RC.  I know that it is not necessary.  However, if you do not include it, the RecallChek states that it was not visible.  It is clearly visible and included in the home inspection report.
  • Mobile camera crash - two of us have Samsung Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0.  Camera crashes a lot
  • Lists disappearing in HIP PC.  I cannot regularly reproduce this problem yet.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: List of problems - when will they be fixed? 8 years 11 months ago #60974

Hi Eric,

I need a lot more detail on the lists issue. You're the only one I've heard about it from so I'll need the steps to reproduce it and more info. When there's thousands of guys using a feature it's rare that something as prominent as this feature would have a bug going unnoticed. In guessing there's a particular list you may have that is having the issue. There may be corrupt data or other formatting in it. Once you can get some more info, let me know.

The S5 and Tab 4 are both having the same issue. The issue is with the devices themselves, not HIP as many other apps are reporting the same issues with the Samsung Camera API. Dropping the resolution greatly reduces but does not 100% fix it. We are waiting on more info from Samsung and the platform we use for this. In the meantime we've been testing some work sounds that other companies have posted online but none are working like I'd like.

We've been working with RecallChek on the serial issue as the data is getting sent and showing for some users. I hope to have a resolution to that soon.

We have another full time programmer starting in a few weeks so I'm expecting that a lot more items will be able to get cleared off of play to-do list at a much faster rate!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: List of problems - when will they be fixed? 8 years 11 months ago #60975

Thanks Dominic.

Re: List of problems - when will they be fixed? 8 years 10 months ago #61104

Eric, have you tried #2/3 on this page: www.technobezz.com/fix-samsung-galaxy-s5...ra-crashing-problem/ ? We've had several guys say this solved their S5 camera issues (along with reducing resolution to around 3MP).

Dominic Maricic

Re: List of problems - when will they be fixed? 8 years 8 months ago #61462

I have worked through the camera problems.  I understand it is a Samsung thing and know to get around it.

Any update on getting the rest of the list of problems fixed?  They are all a royal pain in the ???? and things that I have to re-do on every inspection.  I posted in a separate posting how to reproduce the disappearing list.  Thanks for your help.

Re: List of problems - when will they be fixed? 8 years 8 months ago #61494

Most of them have been fixed already in the beta that's about to be released. I'm putting it together and will send it to you in the next few days.

Dominic Maricic
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.