• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mobile beta questions

Re: Mobile beta questions 9 years 2 months ago #60572

Already exists :) Take your photos from the main list of sections. Then double tap the photo thumbnail to slot.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Mobile beta questions 9 years 2 months ago #60574

Hi Dominic....Just to clarify,

Are you saying use the mobile app and choose each section as I take the pic... Then upload and have them all slotted on the desktop? (That's actually the thought process Im leaning towards)

I did a 4000sq-ft home yesterday.  I took all the photos with my Iphone.  I plan on sitting on the couch with phone in hand and slotting pictures and then uploading.

I use the full ver in the field, typically with my Windows Tablet left in the kitchen.  I can see using the mobile app for slotting/taking pics & entering client info.

Currently I use the MERGE feature for reports; Dropbox to transfer to desktop....and the mobile app would eliminate me slotting pic.

This could work sweet! IF you see any "flaw" in my process, let me know.
Thanks!

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/

Re: Mobile beta questions 9 years 2 months ago #60576

yes dan , you take picture from the main screen, then after you save picture you will have the option to ad caption and slot it , tap twice on thumbnail to slot pic and tap once just right of the thumbnail in the white area...

Re: Mobile beta questions 9 years 2 months ago #60578

What Les said!

Avoid the merge right now if you're copying sections on mobile by the way. I had several people this week find a bug when they're used together (copy on mobile & merge after) and I'm working on resolving it right now.

Dominic Maricic

Re: Mobile beta questions 9 years 2 months ago #60580

Thank Les & Dominic,

Unless I'm doing something wrong, when I double tap the pic icon nothing happens.  The App works fine if I choose the location 1st, then take the pic and add a caption.

I did run across a "bug"(issue).  When I select pics from my phone, 1, 2, or multiple pics up to 10 with the folder icon, large portions of every picture would be grayed out.

I can see using the Mobile app strictly for picture taking & entering client info on site. This is great...totally eliminate pic slotting when finishing up reports.

Thanks guys!

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/
Last Edit: by Dan Musielski.

Re: Mobile beta questions 9 years 2 months ago #60586

Ah you're on iOS. It's possible Apple hasn't approved that update. I've had it out on Android the last few weeks but have been dealing with some iOS issues as they now require the app to be 64 bit which meant a LOT of changes.

I CANNOT replicate that grayed out bug and it's driving me nuts. You're not the first to report it. Nothing I do seems to cause this and I've tried on multiple iPads and iPhone's. If you can find some consistency on this let me know as I want to get this fixed! What exact device are you on, where did those photos originate from, etc.

Dominic Maricic
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.