• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Required Sections - Auto-Save

Required Sections - Auto-Save 9 years 6 months ago #59171

Is there the ability to make a section required in the report? In Washington State we have a SOP that requires certain elements of the house to be inspected. In my previous software I could mark these areas and the software would give me a warning if they were left blank. Is there a similar feature in HIP?

I also saw that 4.0 shipped. Will owners be notified when this is stable or are we expected to monitor the forum for announcements?  Did Auto-Save make it into 4.0???

Thanks

//Rick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Required Sections - Auto-Save 9 years 6 months ago #59174

Hi Richard,

HIP color codes sections as you go through them. On the desktop it'll turn the tans green as you comment on them and on mobile the items will gray out and then the entire section will gray out when it's completely.

HIP 4 is stable and there's a pubic announcement going out very shortly.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Required Sections - Auto-Save 9 years 6 months ago #59178

Tans turning Green? 

Where does this happen?  In my print screen they are all blue....

What I am looking for is the program to flag me if a required  section is left empty. All associations and most states have a standard of practice of what must be inspected. It would be nice to be able to set a field required and have the program flag you if you try print the report it will alert you to empty fields.

//Rick

Re: Required Sections - Auto-Save 9 years 6 months ago #59182

Sorry that should say TABS turn green. Look along the top of each section and you'll see it. On mobile it's pretty much impossible to miss as all items have to turn gray before the section itself will turn gray.

Dominic Maricic

Re: Required Sections - Auto-Save 9 years 6 months ago #59190

Domenic,

I just found the tabs your talking about. Frankly I never noticed them and didn't really think they had much of a function.

You didn't make a comment on AutoSave. Did it make into 4.0? Seems like a bunch of us were asking for it.

//Rick

Last Edit: by Richard Bunzel.

Re: Required Sections - Auto-Save 9 years 6 months ago #59191

It's been around for quite awhile in HIP 3 as well. You have tabs in every section of your report. They are along the top of the program describing each item within a section.

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.