• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Corrupted client data file, anyone?

Re: Corrupted client data file, anyone? 13 years 3 weeks ago #40676

Hey Dom, I sent the file off to you and then I opened it and did the following:

I went to my "Inspection Information" and starting with the last things I had selected just prior to the problem, I deselected everything in that section.
I saved it under a different name and then clicked "generate report".

The report DID generate!  (Now I'm completely confused)

So I went back to that same section and re-selected everything I had just cleared and generated the report again.  It worked that time too...

Now I just went back in and batch added all the photo and generated the report. It worked.

hmm...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Title: Home Inspection Peoria, IL
URL:  www.aaintegrityhomeinspection.com

Re: Corrupted client data file, anyone? 13 years 3 weeks ago #40677

Okay, but now those items in my "inspection info" are generated like this:

PRESENT DURING THE INSPECTION:  Buyer   Seller   <<ATTENDANCE>>   <<ATTENDANCE>>

WEATHER CONDITIONS:   Dry   <<WEATHER>>

START TIME:   2:30pm      END TIME: 4:30pm

APPROXIMATE TEMPERATURE: 55°

The lists that I didn't fill(on purpose) are leaving their titles in the generated report.  That hasn't happened on any other report I've done.

I'm calling a priest and then starting this client's file from scratch tomorrow after the exorcism.

Title: Home Inspection Peoria, IL
URL:  www.aaintegrityhomeinspection.com
Last Edit: by Cameron Anderson.

Re: Corrupted client data file, anyone? 13 years 3 weeks ago #40680

Guess I should have looked at your post before spending the last half hour looking at the file ;) I just found the same thing and came here to tell you what I found lol. I can now generate your report just fine. No data was actually being corrupted in the saved client file, the program was just crashing when generating the report.

The problem was actually created in 2.9.2 and was the last comment you had in the next section. More specifically it was being caused by having two lists in a row without a comment selected (except your blank comment). That was throwing things off and causing an infinite loop which caused the program to hang. That's now FIXED.

The lists name being shown was also a result of the blank comment being allowed in selection panels. I just changed to allow this in the 2.9.2 update ( I think ) which is why you never saw it before as you were forced to select a comment. Now FIXED.

Here's 2.9.3 which has the other fixes/updates from the last few days. www.homeinspectorpro.com/dmdocuments/Hom...Pro-2_9_3-Update.exe

Design Change: Lists throughout the program now show 26 items in the drop down at a time just as the photo section drop downs do. Previously it was limited to 8 items.

Design Change: All comment text boxes are the same size. This will help with continuity throughout the program.

Bug: Fixed problem that prevented Selection Description Font from saving correctly.

Bug: Fixed problem where 2 lists used in a selection panel without a value would cause the program to crash when generating a report.

Bug: Fixed problem with lists with a blank comment not displaying in the report properly.

New Feature: When selecting multiple comments and moving to Red/Black you can now 'merge' multiple comments into one. This is useful for combining mutiple narratives into one and serves as a similar feature to Lists. If you select a few comments, hold CTRL and click Black/Red the comments selected will be merged into one, but separated by a comma in the black/red area. If you hold the SHIFT key then a period will separate them. If you hold ALT then there will only be a space.

Design Change: Allow blank comments within lists.

Design Change: How memory is allocated to Home Inspector Pro has been changed. This should cause a performance boost on some systems.

I'm going to move this to the Beta section as well as that's what the issue was involving and I don't want non beta testers to think there's a bug in their version (as I'm not going to mass email everyone to update at this point since you guys are the only one using this!).

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Corrupted client data file, anyone? 13 years 3 weeks ago #40682

Dom

Thanks for the hard work and new update. I have it loaded on all machines, ready to roll.
Booked up until Thursday the 28th. (Easter off of course)

Was the original version of HIP 1.0? Curious of how far the program has progressed from the original version.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: Corrupted client data file, anyone? 13 years 3 weeks ago #40689

Yup! 1.0 was a fixed template for the guys here in SoCal. You couldn't change the items, ratings were on there and couldn't be changed, there template couldn't be changed, no formatting options. It just cranked out what the one group of inspectors wanted. I'll have to look and see if I even have a copy! I changed how all the files saved around 1.5. I didn't start selling it publicly until 2.0 actually.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Corrupted client data file, anyone? 13 years 2 weeks ago #40749

Hi Dominic,

Trying update my laptop with 2.9.3 and the link is broken?

steve

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.