• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Drop-down List titles

Drop-down List titles 13 years 1 month ago #40426

So Dave Macy mentioned the idea of being able to rename the drop-down lists and reorder them as well.  I wanted to second that motion and put it up here for other HIP users to weigh in on.

One of the things I've noticed when building a template is how much I re-use certain lists as I'm writing comments. Scrolling around to repeatedly find that one list does add to the time.  The reordering would definitely help speed things up when make your templates.

I also have noticed when both writing my comments during template design and then during my inspections/report writing I am sometimes regretting the name I chose for a particular list. But I dread the thought of going back and making a new list and finding all the places I put the original list and replacing it.  So the renaming would also potentially speed things up both in the field and during template design.

The other idea I was thinking about has probably been suggested.  Allow the HIP user to build custom drop-down lists for the client info, similar to the state drop down.  I have 10-15 cities which I work in, 5-6 specific price totals I tend to end up charging my clients, 15-12 zipcodes, etc. etc.  It would be great if the user could make lists like the city, price, zipcode, age of house and just two clicks for each list and no typing...   BAM!  Client info is done.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Title: Home Inspection Peoria, IL
URL:  www.aaintegrityhomeinspection.com
Last Edit: by Cameron Anderson.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.