• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Addition to Software Suggestions

Addition to Software Suggestions 13 years 1 month ago #40220

Some things that I would find very helpful.

When sending the report by uploading currently only one email address is allowed in the client box. Being able to add as many email addresses needed would be helpful.

The slideshow photos are great, but the it would be alot more efficient if the photos could be edited right there, instead of going to a different page. Its great the photos are there, but really don't help if I can't do anything to them (i.e add an arrow.)

Super Time Saver- Pre checked boxes and comments that are used on almost every report be part of the templete. I load up each inspection by checking the boxes and all the same comments and the change them as needed according to my findings. This would be as helpful as the drop down boxes, which are huge!

Thank you-

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Addition to Software Suggestions 13 years 1 month ago #40348

I second the idea of editing photos from the slide show area.  I do most of my photo work in block:  load and catagorize, edit, and select captions.  But I do find myself jumping back to the photo page a few times to edit one I missed or designate something in the photo with an arrow, circle, etc. 

If you could just click the photo and the editing box would appear, that would definately save some time, especially during proof-reading/corrections.

Title: Home Inspection Peoria, IL
URL:  www.aaintegrityhomeinspection.com

Re: Addition to Software Suggestions 13 years 1 month ago #40349

Already something that's in the plans. Getting the slideshow in was just the first step. The photo area itself will always remain in place though as it makes it the most efficient way to slot and edit photos out of any inspection program.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Addition to Software Suggestions 13 years 1 month ago #40353

This is a feature I would like to talk about.

I use a narrative style and I do not like the looks of the check lists as it moves all the text over that is selected. Seems like a waste of space and lenghtens the report. If the check list could be used with the text all the way to the left then it would be a useable feature. (For me)

Now I have a list of Conventions(Like Inspected, Safety, Repairs, Ect) that are described on what they mean and every area of the report starts off with this.

I would like to be able to have the option instead of ratings for checklists to have conventions for narratives. The list of conventions would be selected like the ratings.

Why do you ask why.

I like the look of the new line and bullet item seperator. I need to use the comma seperator at this time and the look is not as sharp.
I can use a list for my conventions but I would have to take every single line of text and start with my convention list.
And when doing this on my small hand held Q it often hides the comment when the list is first.

So I would like to be able to have my report look like this.

DRIVEWAY

Materials: Concrete
* FYI, HTML slab jack info

Observations:
* Repair or Replace, uneven surfaces, improperly sloped towards the foundation.
* Recommend review by a qualified professional.

(The convention would be preselected from within the program and the selected text would follow)

WALKWAYS

Materials: Brick * Concrete

Observations:
* Inspected, No defieciencies noted at the front entrance walkway.
* Safety Issue, tree uplifting, trip hazard located at the public walk.
* Repair or Replace, deteriorated, heavy cracking located at the side of the garage.
* Recommend review by a qualified professional to repair or replace as needed.
(Locations is another area of the software that could be improved on, and the location list works great but with new line and bullet it would be on its own line)

Do you see and understand what I am asking. This would be a great feature for me.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...
Last Edit: by David Macy.

Re: Addition to Software Suggestions 13 years 1 month ago #40356

David,

I worked through that same issue when I began designing my main template. I finally settled on something similar to what you are describing.  I posted a sample of the panel and the finished report.  About 75-80% of my panels have 2 selection (Condition & Description) and 1 damage(Observations).  They always have the same conventions and the damage panel, but sometimes I don't need a "Description" section. 

My "Description" panel has everything descriptive like Location, Type, Material, and all the system specific lists like BTU's, Amperage, etc.  My conventions are also written into whatever recommendation I give and these are 90% pre-written, but I am always making custom adjustments based on the house.  I really like the idea of more text formatting control within the panels so I could add color and bold to the conventions like you example. Currently I decided to tab the recommendations (I use the size of the comment editing box as a guide and each line starts with 7 spaces) and then all-caps the convention just before the recommendation to make it stand out. 

I admit I am not even close to being done with my damage comments and I've been typing them for over a month, but I really didn't care for most of what came with the template.  I've got about 1/3 of my comments and I really like the look, it is clean and uniform throughout the report.

Lastly, I use a system of footnotes as a "backup" for my recommendations. Illinois is a legal nightmare and I want to make sure everything I say in the report has a recommendation to do something, to take action, even if that action is just to monitor the item.  I found out that you can use four footnotes which are common to just about every font in the world, 1, 2, 3 & *.  One of those footnotes shows up after every comment I write.

So that's what I've come up with.  One question, couldn't you just write your convention into your comments the same way?  It seems they would remain the same from inspection to inspection, meaning, an "uneven surface, improperly sloped toward the foundation" could always have the convention "Repair or Replace". 
Attachments:

Title: Home Inspection Peoria, IL
URL:  www.aaintegrityhomeinspection.com
Last Edit: by Cameron Anderson.

Re: Addition to Software Suggestions 13 years 1 month ago #40357

One question, couldn't you just write your convention into your comments the same way?  It seems they would remain the same from inspection to inspection, meaning, an "uneven surface, improperly sloped toward the foundation" could always have the convention "Repair or Replace". 

Yes, but on my Q1, I would only see <<Conventions>> on the screen and not the comment if there are more than 2 rows of comments)

Also would need to add to so many lines of text it would take a long, long time.

Your format looks good, but should not the program work for me and me not be working for the program. (Like all that is needed to have the look I want but to steer around the program as the feature is not available)

DO NOT GET ME WRONG DOM/HIP is very good, but for me working on the template to get a look I cant because it is not available in the program.

Meaning that a list like In stated would save me and hopefully others a lot of time.

I have edited my template so many times with trying to speed up the process I just need the above as I posted and it would produce an awesome report in a quicker time.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.