• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Creating a fixit plan in your report with a sort function

Creating a fixit plan in your report with a sort function 13 years 11 months ago #31912

This kind of goes along with the "tickler file" post - All of us usually provide some sort of timeframe in our reports for addressing the issues we uncover during an inspection.  "...should be addressed immediately, ...planned for repair in the near term (whatever that means), ...repaired before the next winter season, ...could fail at any time," etc..  If we could somehow connect a time period (now, soon, nice to do sometime, next 3 months, 1 year, etc.) to each comment and add a sort function for these times, you could generate your report (or maybe your customer could after you e-send it to them) as a planning document.  I think that would be cool for new homeowners who aren't going to have the time or inclination to dig through your 40-page report page by page to find out they should have cleaned their clogged gutters last year before this year's rains came. 

None of us appear to sleep anyhow, so what's a little more work?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Creating a fixit plan in your report with a sort function 13 years 11 months ago #31918

I use "requires immediate attention" occasionally for strong odors of gas, and if there is an electrical hazard that is more of a safety concern than the typical reverse polarity. Like live wires.

I think the report conventions I use speak for themselves and I personally would stay away from reporting on when to repair or replace something.

Like a roof that is stated "repair in 2 years" and it leaks in 2 months.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.