• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Summary page/item reference preference

Summary page/item reference preference 14 years 17 hours ago #31355

• Ken Sherman
  • Ken Sherman's Avatar Topic Author
  • The Sherman Coat of Arms
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi.  Need some opinions from all of you experienced HIP users.  As a new inspector I have been playing a lot with the various features and functions of the HIP program.  When I create a report and flag several damage items as RED, HIP nicely summarizes those items and places them on the summary page with a PAGE and ITEM reference.  But I've noticed an odd behavior when an ITEM crosses a page boundry either because of a lengthy comment or the addition of photos. The PAGE reference is for the 2nd page of the ITEM even though the actual ITEM comment is on the 1st page.  In my case I had an ITEM #6 comment on page 5 followed by several photos, spilling on to page 6.  On the summary page it referenced Page 6 Item:6.  When you go to page 6 you only see some pictures because the comment is actually on page 5.  I think this would be confusing to the client since the summary only references the comments, not the pictures.  I'd like the summary to always point back to the page where the RED comment starts, not where the entire ITEM ends - or - optionally have the summary reference both pages.
Thanks for your thoughts. Hope I didn't confuse you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ken Sherman
P.O. Box 1351
Lake Villa, IL 60046
(224) 637-0960
Sherman Home Inspection Services, LLC
www.shermanhomeinspection.com

Re: Summary page/item reference preference 13 years 11 months ago #31489

I think you need Dom to answer that one.
He basically has said in the past that breaks are uneven since he wants every page to be full from top to bottom.
For the summery to be referenced to the start page on a split item is something Dom needs to work on as I know of nothing to change that phenomenon at this time.

Re: Summary page/item reference preference 13 years 11 months ago #31576

Ken & I talked about it. It's not a matter of the programming as much as, do people want the page number to be listed from the top of the item or the bottom? Since the red items are below the black, they will often be on the 2nd page of a page break of an item if it exists. So the question is, should this be added as an option up to the inspector, or always put at one end or the other. Remember, with multiple red items that even the red comments could break across two pages.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Summary page/item reference preference 13 years 11 months ago #31643

I should think people want to read a comment from the beginning.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.