• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Comment Keys, Comment Organization, Comment Links

Comment Keys, Comment Organization, Comment Links 14 years 3 weeks ago #30701

I'm sure this must have been discussed but I'll ask again just in case -- As I continue to add comments to my program, I'm having more of a problem organizing and finding them (I try to use a lot of them so I don't have to do as much customization back at the office).  I have resorted to providing what I'm calling a "Comment Key" at the beginning of a comment in order to be able to find it in a hurry amidst all my other comments in a particular panel.  I'll give you an example:

ROT/RUST - One or more areas of the balcony railing support posts and/or spindles show evidence of rot or rust, which can weaken the railing structure and represents a safety concern.  Leaning on a weakened railing can cause collapse and serious injury.  We recommend repair or replacement of the damaged areas as soon as possible...

This sort of works, but as you know the program can't distinguish between the "Key" which is ROT/RUST in caps, and the rest of the comment and adds the whole thing. It would be nice, and help clean up my comment panels, if I could add only the "Comment Key" to the panel and the program would link it to the actual comment stored somewhere else and print the comment in the report without the Comment Key showing up.

Any thoughts along these lines?

Thanks, DrBob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Comment Keys, Comment Organization, Comment Links 14 years 3 weeks ago #30703

We're working on a search feature which will speed things up. The other thing is to create separator comments. If you have 5 comments on rust, add a comment called **RUST** and then place your rust comments right after it.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Comment Keys, Comment Organization, Comment Links 14 years 3 weeks ago #30706

Thanks, Dom--

Without trying it, does the sort feature alphabetically sort the separators and then the included comments or is it a global sort which may not keep the separators with the comments?

Re: Comment Keys, Comment Organization, Comment Links 14 years 3 weeks ago #30728

It sorts everything within the section. It can't tell the difference between a comment you're using as a separator as different people use different things to make their own separator.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.