• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting started and I'm overwelmed

Getting started and I'm overwelmed 16 years 1 month ago #622

• Steven Turetsky
  • Steven Turetsky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • "Licensed, Insured, Experienced"
  • Thank you received: 0
Ok,

I'm just starting on my new website and I wonder if I've bitten off more than I can chew.

I watched the first tutorial a couple of times and I've been able to get my name in the header.

I can't get rid of "site name" that appears int the header and when I type something in the "mission box" it does not show up anywhere. I'm also having a hard time trying to figure out the other boxes.

also, when I type my website name in the browser, wanting to see what it looks like to a visitor, I still see all the admin stuff and all the "welcome to your new Drupal stuff".

Any suggestions?

Dom, Feel like spending the weekend at my house?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Comprehensive Home & Building Inspections
www.homeinspectionsnewyork.com
URL:Comprehensive-Home-Building-EIFS-Inspections

Certified EIFS Inspector
www.eifsinspectionsnewyork.com
URL:Comprehensive-EIFS-Home-Building-Inspections

Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Bronx, Long Island

Re: Getting started and I'm overwelmed 16 years 1 month ago #623

Hey Steven,

Ok, one thing at a time:

You were seeing the "welcome to new drupal" stuff because you changed what your home page was under Site Information. I changed it back for you.

I see your mission box info fine, it shows up on the home page at the top.

To see the site as a visitor, you need to click log out so that the admin menu goes away.

I don't see Site Name in the header, I see your info. So I'm assuming you figured it out.

After you make changes to your site, make sure to hold down the shift key, and click refresh (Shift-F5 usually works). This will force your browser to update it's contents.

Don't worry the websites aren't hard to handle once you see what's going on. Watch the first 2 tutorials, I have another 2 coming out today. If you have any questions, just post them here and we'll help you. If you REALLY feel you don't want to mess with it then Scott Widick will set it all up for you for $300 and then you can edit it on your own after that. Scott and a few other inspectors are helping to design sites for people who don't have the time to do their own. I think you can do it, just be patient and make sure to refresh!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Getting started and I'm overwelmed 16 years 1 month ago #624

Hi Steven:

A lot of us know how you feel. I found if you work on one thing at a time it will be easier. I have never posted on this board or e-mailed Dominic without getting a quick reply and lots of help. Hang in there.  :D :D

Patrick

Patrick Wiseman
PJC Home Inspections LLC
Washingtonville, NY 10992 www.wisemanhomeinspections.com
Home Inspections in Monroe, Middletown, Newburgh, Orange, and Ulster Counties, New York

Re: Getting started and I'm overwelmed 16 years 1 month ago #626

Yup we're here for ya!

Dominic Maricic

Re: Getting started and I'm overwelmed 16 years 1 month ago #644

believe me, if I can do it anyone can, just do like above suggested and tackle one thing at a time............

Denver’s Best Home Inspection
www.denversbesthomeinspector.com
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Denver,  Parker, Castle Rock and the Entire Denver and Surrounding Area. 303-888-4599
key:  denver home inspection
URL pth: denver's-best-home-inspection.html
Denver Infrared...

Re: Getting started and I'm overwelmed 16 years 1 month ago #645

Make sure to list your websites in your signatures guys so Google picks them up and so that others can see what you're working on!

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.