• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Video in report

Video in report 8 years 1 week ago #62936

Hey guys anybody else hearing from clients regarding video not playing? I understand that the respected pdf readers need to be updated, and that it won't play in in a iPhone or tablet, but I'm having right at 30-40% of my clients saying it's not working on their desktop. I'm on a Mac if that makes any difference. Any help would be appriaciated

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Video in report 8 years 1 week ago #62937

They're using a PDF preview such as in their browser instead of opening it in a PDF program. Make sure to remind them in the PDF and on site to use a free program like Adobe Reader. They all have it but some browsers use their default viewer instead.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Video in report 6 years 7 months ago #63918

I'm still having troubles seeing videos in the report, even with acrobat reader. It says there is a flash problem but I can't seem to overcome it. I haven't sent a client a report with video yet, want to be sure I know how to troubleshoot any issues they might have before sending them one.

Using Mac OS sierra (10.12.1)

Any thoughts?

Re: Video in report 6 years 7 months ago #63921

That's not something I've seen before. What is the exact error?

Remember that you can upload in HTML mode too if you have the cloud service and that'll make it even easier to view.

Dominic Maricic

Re: Video in report 6 years 7 months ago #63935

No exact error, acrobat just has a message that says to "make sure you have the correct version of flash" which prompts a flash player download (which I've downloaded, but nothing changed).

How do I upload in HTML and how might that help?

Re: Video in report 6 years 7 months ago #63940

Hi Paul,

In HIP 5 when you upload a report to HIP or ISN you can select HTML which is basically a web page. Video plays on all devices there.

Try going to Adobe.com and install the latest Adobe Reader. That should resolve your flash issue.

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.