• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: First Flat Roof Inspection

Re: First Flat Roof Inspection 15 years 2 months ago #8602

So how did you check it?  I think I would have put in the report to have it inspected by a qualified professional or something.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: First Flat Roof Inspection 15 years 2 months ago #8606

I could not properly inspect the roof due to snow. I walked it because I wanted to see the chimney/siding/roof penetrations. But I told my client it is most critical that it drains properly. There were so many roof penetrations that needed to be at least monitored. I told them to obtain documentation from current owner and history of permits. The roof drainage system was a mess.

The life expectancy was about 8<>12 years. It was a modified/roll/ashpalt roof surfaces. Less than 5% was visible.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: First Flat Roof Inspection 15 years 2 months ago #8607

• Ian Niquette
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Just another goofy lookin guy with no hair!!
  • Thank you received: 0
DEAL KILLER!! ;D It's holding all that snow just fine DAVid. What more do you want. Kidding, good luck John, take your time and you will do just fine.

Square One Home Inspection
Square One Home Inspection proudly serves Green Lake, Fond du Lac, Dodge, Marquette, Columbia, Winnebago, and Waushara Counties. Complete home inspections, thermal imaging and Radon testing available.
www.squareonehomeinspection.com
Keywords : Fond du Lac Home Inspection,...

Re: First Flat Roof Inspection 15 years 2 months ago #8643

John - If you can look at the roof with an IR camera at the end of a sunny day, any water underneath will still retain some heat.  If there is no camera, what Will and Ian said will do you fine.  Investigate anything that looks suspicious.

And not walking on a snow-covered roof does not make you a weenie...

(That was for Dave)    ;)

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.