• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How thick is the stucco?

Re: How thick is the stucco? 15 years 5 months ago #4356

This was something we did a while back.  He came over and we talked about what I wanted and how I wanted it done.  We even had our other bathroom done so he could see how it should have been!  And granted I should have gone and seen first hand his work.  That was my big mistake, and one that everyone preaches over and over.  I paid him a portion up front to do the job.  First day he prepped the bathroom and it was looking good.  Second day he had all the shower area work done and I was livid.  I pointed out to him that he didn't start from the center and all that stuff you pointed out.  Funny that you mention Home Depot tile class.  I took that and told him it was apparent I knew more than he did.

Long story short, he didn't come back, and I sued him for the money and material.  He didn't show up for that either.  I won and haven't seen any money.  Come to find out, that was the start of his downward spiral.  After he did this, he got a big job for several flips, took the money, got all new equipment with it, and took off.  He conned another flipper on her house.  And bought a bunch of equipment with hot checks.  I started getting tons of calls about this guy because I had already sued him and now everyone else was trying to track him down.

Oh and I threw in the third pic to show he had spacer available!  lol
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...
Last Edit: by John Sopher.

Re: How thick is the stucco? 15 years 5 months ago #4358

WOW - geezy geez - that guy was on drugs!

I wasn't spanking you!  Him maybe, but I guess your big mistake was not seeing his other work.  And/or trusting the guy at church who referred the tile guy...

You need a big hug!

The laws in this country are set up to protect the scammers it seems!  I am going to post something here that I did on the AR site about bounced checks.  You were right to sue him, but the system is such that it guarantees you NOTHING!

Wow, he even tiled to the tub!  Who told you twenty years experience!!?

Rest assured - the boomerang will come back and hit that guy.  You won't know about it, but it will.  The boomerang always catches up.

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: How thick is the stucco? 15 years 5 months ago #4362

Oh ya it does.  I knew when I sued him it would be another story to get my money.  But I wanted some sort of justice!  Ultimately, I should have checked him out better.

You live and learn.  I tell ya, I have learned a LOT becoming an inspector.  There are sooooo many ways to cut corners.  And get away with it!

HLC Home Inspections LLC
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.

Re: How thick is the stucco? 15 years 5 months ago #4363

My little daughter took a flower arranging class at Home Depot and still cherishes her apron!

But I digress - this thread used to be about stucco...

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: How thick is the stucco? 15 years 5 months ago #4366

LMAO... oh yeah... I think I saw a house with that stuff once.  lol

HLC Home Inspections LLC

Re: How thick is the stucco? 15 years 5 months ago #4370

Shoddy work is after all the real subject  carry on.

"I create controversy whether they like it or not!

www.your-leaking-house.com/

www.badstucco.com
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.