• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Electrical/Panels

Re: Electrical/Panels 15 years 2 weeks ago #11770

what Jay said is great needs nothing else IMO, and Dave this is a good place to ask questions

Please Log in to join the conversation.

DRG Inspections LLC
www.newhampshirehomeinspector.biz
www.nhinfraredthermalinspections.com
Body -performing home inspections In Nashua,Keene,Claremont,Raymond and Dover NH areas-for infra red just use infra red Inspections
Meta-Nashua home inspector,home inspections Keene,Dover mold...

Re: Electrical/Panels 15 years 2 weeks ago #11778

Of course.  This is a public domain.  I offered an answer to your question!

You might add something regarding the three-prongs like, "Although this type of three-prong outlet has been installed, without proper wiring it is not grounded and is therefore incorrect," or something like that.  I use the words "fake out" on my reports when people plug surge protectors into these improper three prongs.  There is not surge protection.  That is the real problem - most people ASSUME a three prong is doing what it is supposed to do. 

As regards the sump, you might recommend a dedicated outlet in addition to the dedicated circuit so that an extension cord is not necessary.

Have fun. 

Now, I gotta get ready for church...

Jay Markanich Real Estate Inspections, LLC
Based in Bristow, serving all of Northern Virginia
www.jaymarinspect.com
Northern Virginia Home Inspector
Festina Lente - Make Haste Slowly

Re: Electrical/Panels 15 years 2 weeks ago #11779

Have a happy Easter.

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: Electrical/Panels 15 years 2 weeks ago #11780

I like to keep things a little more simple.  I would say something like "Improper installation" and then follow up with "recommend evaluation by a licensed professional" or "improperly wired", "recommend corrective action by a licensed professional".

I have found the long explanations make it difficult to find and choose the verbiage I want to use.  If I come across something I feel needs more explanation, I add the text to the pic.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: Electrical/Panels 15 years 2 weeks ago #11781

John

I completely understand and that is part of my problems with my report and inspection time. Looking at a small screen during an inspection and scrollin thru 50 items trying to find the one I need is time consuming. I would like to have dom be able to create a folder within a folder. For example in electrical. Damage panel. There would be a folder saying frequently used verbaige and inside tis folder may be 10-30 lines of text.

When I get the time to redo my template it is all going to be simple verbage and to the point. And like you stated just add the additional info in the picture text.

Great ideas.

Happy Easter John and the rest of the HIP hippies!!

Home Safe Home Inspections
Link Url: Cleveland Home Inspector - www.hshinspections.net/
Body:Performing Home Inspections in Cleveland, Parma, Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Strongsville and surrounding areas.
Keywords:Parma,Broadview...

Re: Electrical/Panels 15 years 1 week ago #11806

You might want to include the following verbiage in your reports with regard to contractor referrals for further evaluation/service:

"Prior to close of escrow"

Believe it or not, buyers close the deal, then call the electrician.  In many cases they find even more substandard conditions which would have been no issue at all had it been discovered prior to close of escrow.

That change in verbiage was presented to me via Bob Pearson at Allen Insurance.  It along with several other line items have been added to my reports and disclaimer at the suggestion of Bob and his wonderful staff.  They're looking out for their client inspectors as well as mitigating their own costs and downside liability.

URL : www.progressiveinspection.com
Title: Irvine Home Inspector
Description: Providing home inspections in California, including: Dana Point, Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, San Clemente, Irvine, Aliso Viejo, Temecula, Corona, Laguna Niguel, Rancho Santa Margarita, Laguna Woods
Keywords: Dana...
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.