• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: what's wrong with this box?

Re: what's wrong with this box? 7 years 11 months ago #62913

Just a followup - they evidently did have a licensed electrician examine the box.   The agent didn't know for sure on the final walk through. He showed us the proof later.  We were especially interested in making sure we could get insurance, and all is good now as we are insured. But it seems like they are sure it is single strand aluminum.   Although here are two-pronged outlets in the living room and the back bedroom, which seems to support the K&T theory.  Of course, Alton, if it is K&T, i believe there is k&T only in those 2 rooms.  I guess we will find out for sure after we move in, at least we are insured. Thanks for the help!! And Stephen, don't worry no chance of any of this being DYI!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: what's wrong with this box? 7 years 11 months ago #62927

DYI or DIY Steve ? ? It's a message board - why discourage others ? I was enjoying the thread ! What is DYI ?

Title: San Antonio Home Inspections
Site: www.jwkhomeinspections.com
Body: JWK Inspections, San Antonio Home Inspector, Performing Home Inspections in San Antonio & all surrounding areas.
Keywords: San Antonio Home Inspections, New Home Construction Inspections, New Braunfels, Schertz, Home...

Re: what's wrong with this box? 7 years 5 months ago #63291

I know this post is old. Just a quick question. How is power supplied to this box, there are no connections to the main lugs of this panel.

Re: what's wrong with this box? 7 years 5 months ago #63292

How is power supplied to this box, there are no connections to the main lugs of this panel.

Power from the main panel to the 30amp breaker, unfortunately the wires are under sized for that breaker.

Peak Inspection Services | Over 32 Years of Contractor Experience!
Residential Inspections | Commercial Inspections
Office: 908-750-6789 | www.peakinspectionservices.com

Re: what's wrong with this box? 7 years 4 months ago #63304

Your inspector made a mistake. This is not aluminum . Cloth wire was introduced before aluminum was introduced . When aluminum was introduced into the panels it was covered with rubber type of coated This is wire you see in this panel is tin.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.