• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 20 amp receptacles in kitchen/baths?

Re: 20 amp receptacles in kitchen/baths? 10 years 4 months ago #56010

• James Levy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NJ#24GI00101400, FL # HI7765
  • Thank you received: 0

So how do we write this up? It is incorrect, right? I mean no 20A receptacles in a kitchen....

I would not write it up. You would be correct and have the power of The National Electrical Code, article 210.21 (B) 1, 2, and 3 to back it up. Just don't quote the NEC in your report.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

www.homespectllc.com
Homespect LLC
Home and commercial Inspections in Medford, Mount Laurel, Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Marlton NJ, and the surrounding areas.

Re: 20 amp receptacles in kitchen/baths? 10 years 3 months ago #56127

Home Inspection are not code inspections even in the case of code violations, it have to be a "direct safety issue" and that is what will be wrote up, when it comes to "code" it becomes "interpretation" that will be in favor of how the Local Building Code Inspectors "interpret the  code" and Home Inspectors will be left in the dust on "interpreting the code" against the Local Officials, leave out being authority on the Code and keep with Seller Disclosure Laws.

Certified Home Inspector
www.thelongbeachhomeinspector.com

Re: 20 amp receptacles in kitchen/baths? 10 years 3 months ago #56129

You write it up based upon your conversation with the AHJ.

Are you going to try to require a re-wire of the house if the AHJ did not "adopt" (and they don't have to...) the code as YOU interpret it?

Home Inspector
HVAC Systems Design
ITC Level III Thermography - Building Science Thermographer
Thermal Imaging
Serving Clarksville - Nashville TN and the Mid TN area
www.MidTnInspections.com
www.ThermalImagingScan.com
To link to my pages:
www.midtninspections.com/link-submission

Re: 20 amp receptacles in kitchen/baths? 10 years 3 months ago #56130

The requirement is for two 20 amp small appliance branch circuits.  A circuit feeds a receptacle.  As long as the circuit, wiring and OCPD, are the proper size, either a 20 amp receptacle(s) or 15 amp receptacles are approved for use.  Nothing to report.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.