• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Let's try something new: water + electricity = ???

Re: Let's try something new: water + electricity = ??? 13 years 5 months ago #36491

Jim, you could bet that...and you would be WRONG!  City inspection sticker from June of 2010!  I plan on making a phone call on Monday to see what that's all about.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Title: Root River Inspections
URL:  www.arochestermnhomeinspector.com
Body:  Root River Inspections serves Rochester, Winona, Red Wing, Austin, Albert Lea and surrounding Minnesota areas.
Meta Key:  Rochester home inspector, Winona home inspector, Red Wing home inspector, Albert...

Re: Let's try something new: water + electricity = ??? 13 years 5 months ago #36493

• Jim Keilson
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Professionalism Is A Must
  • Thank you received: 0
My comment was 2 fold, I said If ther was then the inspector wasn't qualified to inspect my dogs house.  If he opened his eyes, and saw the old conduit still there and open on both ends he obviously is not very good at what he does...or in this case doesn't do. 8)

Maryland Home Inspection Services Inc.
www.marylandhomeinspectionservices.com
State of Maryland License# 31141
Virginia License#3380 000468
National Association Of Certified Home Inspectors ID: NACHI10101807
International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants (IAC2). Certification #...

Re: Let's try something new: water + electricity = ??? 13 years 5 months ago #36494

Good point...but not surprising.  Normally around here, state inspectors conduct the electrical inspections.  This is the first city inspection I've seen.

Title: Root River Inspections
URL:  www.arochestermnhomeinspector.com
Body:  Root River Inspections serves Rochester, Winona, Red Wing, Austin, Albert Lea and surrounding Minnesota areas.
Meta Key:  Rochester home inspector, Winona home inspector, Red Wing home inspector, Albert...

Re: Let's try something new: water + electricity = ??? 13 years 5 months ago #36496

Come on, how hard would it be to seal the top of the old masthead? A little insulation stuffed in there and maybe some silicone or butyl...
Good thing for you the water on top of the box was not energized! I see water anywhere NEAR an electrical box, I'm outta there and writing a referral.

Discretion is the better part of valor.
Be safe out there.

Burbank Home Inspection

Please "like" us on facebook - www.facebook.com/DeWittInspections

Site URL:  www.burbankhomeinspections.com
Body:  Home Inspection in Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Santa Clarita and Los Angeles
Title:  Burbank Home Inspections
Meta...

Re: Let's try something new: water + electricity = ??? 13 years 5 months ago #36574

• James Levy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NJ#24GI00101400, FL # HI7765
  • Thank you received: 0

Come on, how hard would it be to seal the top of the old masthead? A little insulation stuffed in there and maybe some silicone or butyl...
Good thing for you the water on top of the box was not energized! I see water anywhere NEAR an electrical box, I'm outta there and writing a referral.

Discretion is the better part of valor.
Be safe out there.

Just curious....why would you write a referral? Just note the safety hazard and continue with the job. The whole house isn't energized from the water. ::)

www.homespectllc.com
Homespect LLC
Home and commercial Inspections in Medford, Mount Laurel, Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Marlton NJ, and the surrounding areas.

Re: Let's try something new: water + electricity = ??? 13 years 5 months ago #36580

What I meant was, I don't feel safe inspecting a service panel that is wet. I won't open one. I won't stand in a puddle of water and open one. I would write that due to safety hazard, I was unable to inspect the panel. I would also suggest that the client get the panel serviced by a licensed electrician, who might have the equipment and training to open wet service panels. I'm sure it can be done, city electricians work on main power lines when they're wet all the time. Just not me.
Of course I carry on with the rest of the inspection.

Burbank Home Inspection

Please "like" us on facebook - www.facebook.com/DeWittInspections

Site URL:  www.burbankhomeinspections.com
Body:  Home Inspection in Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Santa Clarita and Los Angeles
Title:  Burbank Home Inspections
Meta...
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.