• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mac Based accounting programs

Mac Based accounting programs 10 years 10 months ago #54218

Well, I 've done it now!  After decades of being a faithful PC user, I am about to be all Mac.  It's Dominic's fault...it all started using the I pad mini on inspections.  Can't believe I did inspections with only a laptop. 

I have been using Quick Book Pro for many years.  It is much more robust than what is needed for an inspection business.  It's also very expensive and  I understand it doesn't run well on Macs.

Does anybody have recommendations for a good Apple based software that is capable of doing all the accounting we need? 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Willis Home Inspections proudly inspecting homes in Colorado Springs, Fountain, Peyton, Manitou Springs, and the Tri Lakes Region

Re: Mac Based accounting programs 10 years 10 months ago #54219

MUAHAH, sorry :)

Quickbooks online is what I use. That way it doesn't matter what OS you use and you never need to worry about updating or backing up.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Mac Based accounting programs 10 years 10 months ago #54226

Thanks, Dominic-
The accounting for an inspection business is so simple,
Quick books is overkill.  Has anybody tried "Tiny Books"?
It seems that it would be ideal.

Willis Home Inspections proudly inspecting homes in Colorado Springs, Fountain, Peyton, Manitou Springs, and the Tri Lakes Region

Re: Mac Based accounting programs 10 years 10 months ago #54228

I haven't, sorry.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Mac Based accounting programs 10 years 9 months ago #54331

• scott97
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I agree, Steve, that QuickBooks is overkill.  It's so overkill that I haven't upgraded my QB for Mac 2009 version and won't if I can help it.  (BTW, I'd had PC versions since 2002, and the Mac version lacks some features.)  I'd given up years ago looking for something better.

TinyBooks might be it.  I presently use QB to email paid invoices, and that is a feature I would want in an alternative product.  I just contacted Ken at TinyBooks today and asked if invoices can be emailed directly from TinyBooks.  With his permission to post, this is his reply...

On Aug 1, 2013, at 10:12 AM, Ken Winograd wrote:

Hi Scott...

Thanks for considering TinyBooks Pro.

Bad News vs Good News.

Bad News: TinyBooks Pro doesn't do that.

Good News: You don't need TinyBooks Pro to do that, OSX does it on its own!

Here's how: Run TinyBooks Pro, get your invoice up, choose to PRINT it, OK the Page Settings, then before you actually hit the PRINT button (or is it an OK button?)...look at the bottom left of the Print dialog...there's a pop-down menu....I think it's called PDF. You can choose to save what you were just about to print as a PDF or you can actually choose to EMAIL THE PDF, exactly what you wanted.

The good news...is that you've just learned a trick that works on ALL OSX programs, not just TinyBooks Pro. ANYTHING that you are ready to print, you can also choose to SAVE as PDF, or EMAIL.

Hope you'll go with TinyBooks Pro, but good luck no matter what you decide...

Regards,

Ken

Next step for me is downloading the trial version....

Re: Mac Based accounting programs 10 years 9 months ago #54332

Thanks Ken-
I finally decided to bite the bullet and get QB for Mac.  Maybe I'll win the big one and will need to use all the unused  features
that QB offers.  If nothing else, I know how to use QB.  This mornings inspection did pay for it.  Golly, I wish I could have bought beer!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.