• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Windows based tablets

Re: Windows based tablets 11 years 8 months ago #49949

No problem Dan, I'm sure we'll catch up next time. Or just come to the Vegas conference next month. I still recommend the HP Slate 2 over an Android tablet. Of course for phone size, Android is the way to go.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Windows based tablets 10 years 9 months ago #54251

OK, I have decided that I do not like using my phone and HIP mobile, so I will use a tablet. I am in the research phase and seen some cool stuff. I like the Solid State Drives and Windows 8 appears to work better than previous versions. Are there any tablets that have more than 2gb of RAM? Information that I have found leads me to believe that less ram is required because of the solid state drive and the Windows 8 redesign, not sure if that is true or not. Do I need more than 2gb? Anyone using the HP Envy X2?

<b>Title:</b> Orland Park Home Inspector
www.OrlandParkHomeInspections.com
<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679
<b>UPath:</b>...

Re: Windows based tablets 10 years 9 months ago #54253

Well, Microsoft is writing off $900,000,000 for the the failure of the Surface. Maybe we can get a good deal. Oh, that entire team they are now putting to work on a watch.WOW!

I still use an x41 IBM Thinkpad tablet.  I wish they made this unit with today's power.

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/

Re: Windows based tablets 10 years 9 months ago #54255

What don't you like about HIP mobile Michael?

I was using the Windows based program on the Slate 2, and I switched to HIP mobile and am very happy.

Virginia Beach Home Inspector

Re: Windows based tablets 10 years 9 months ago #54256

I personally like the full ver. on a tablet with a Wacom pen. Both versions are excellent.  I think it's personal style and the way you collect data that can make the difference in your choice.

Dan Musielski
Inspector/Engineer
Assured Home Inspections; Batavia, IL
www.InspectThatHouse.com

See us in the Fox News Channel! FOX NEWS Shattered Dreams
www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/13/foreclosur...ickens-experts-fear/

Re: Windows based tablets 10 years 9 months ago #54257

I don't like that it gets slow and locks up. I have to stop the program and restart. I think Dom said to do that every 30 minutes or so, but sometimes it happens to me 10 minutes after starting the program. I know it is the phones memory that is the issue, but it makes me nervous when I try to save and it stays locked on saving. I don't want to lose the report and find out later. using the mobile has reduced my report time in half and reduced the number of photos; which was my goal. It is nothing against the mobile app, I just want to be sure my reports are saved. I also don't like that the text is small, I am an old man.

<b>Title:</b> Orland Park Home Inspector
www.OrlandParkHomeInspections.com
<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679
<b>UPath:</b>...
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.