• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Apple's new IPad Tablet

Re: Apple's new IPad Tablet 14 years 3 months ago #27307

Hey Gary,

Yeah great devices, but it seems they respond better via email than phone. Did you ask about them holding your CC # and forwarding you the 2 gig while until you return the 1 gig?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Apple's new IPad Tablet 14 years 3 months ago #27311

No, they seemed to change directions since I last posted this topic.  They said I could just keep the 1gb and they would ship the 2gb.

I have given them enough time (2 weeks) to ship it and followed up with two phone calls and spoke with the same person.

I am wondering what kind of support I would get if I had trouble with the computer.  Any documented problems with the ctl2go?

Re: Apple's new IPad Tablet 14 years 3 months ago #27321

Only problem I've seen was a few guys had issues with auto rotation but an upgrade of the drivers fixed it. They emailed the response back within a few hurs.

What did the person say when you called back about getting the ram?

Dominic Maricic

Re: Apple's new IPad Tablet 14 years 3 months ago #27347

I am all in when you get HIP to work on the iPad!

As far as no multitasking, I don't see the problem.  Yes, I won't be able to see a pdf of the report while HIP is open, but so what?  It might be just me, but I only use the ctl2go (pretty happy so far but its not a Mac) to input the report information onsite.  Then when I get back to the office I move the report over to my laptop to add and edit the photos.  I look at the pdf at the end to be sure I didn't miss anything then upload it.  If I had the iPad and could do everything on it EXCEPT look at a pdf while HIP was open, I will not have a problem at all with that.

Title: Halcyon Home Inspection
URL: www.halcyonhomeinspection.com
Body: Performing Home Inspections in Santa Rosa, Sebastopol, Windsor, Rohnert Park, Petaluma and surrounding areas of Sonoma County, CA.
URL Path:Santa-Rosa-Home-Inspection.html

Re: Apple's new IPad Tablet 14 years 3 months ago #27352

You can do photos on the CTL2go as well, especially if you rotate it to portrait mode.

When the iPad comes out we'll see what we can do with the developer kit. I think it's going to have to be a hack though like people were doing to 'jailbreak' free from the iTouch and iPhone's.

Dominic Maricic

Re: Apple's new IPad Tablet 14 years 1 month ago #30616

Dom, I am posting this from the iPad. All I can say is it is amazing. Yes, it is basically a big itouch, but the size and speed make it so much more. I can type almost as fast as a real key board. Is there anyway you can come up with an app? HIP would be amazing on this. I hope someone makes there software compatible or creates an app. I would even be interested in backing it financially.

Greensboro Home Inspection
Providing home inspections in Greensboro, High Point, Burlington and the surrounding areas.
greensboro-home-inspection.html

Raleigh Home Inspection
Home Inspections in Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Apex and the surrounding areas.
raleigh-home-inspection.html

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.