• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Email Marketing

Email Marketing 14 years 5 months ago #24814

How many guys do a newsletter?  I've been doing one for about 6 months now, and I'm wondering if I should go from just doing it myself to an automated system (ConstantContact, MailChimp, etc.).  Any thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Title: Root River Inspections
URL:  www.arochestermnhomeinspector.com
Body:  Root River Inspections serves Rochester, Winona, Red Wing, Austin, Albert Lea and surrounding Minnesota areas.
Meta Key:  Rochester home inspector, Winona home inspector, Red Wing home inspector, Albert...

Re: Email Marketing 14 years 5 months ago #24816

Hi Casey,  I just signed up w/ Constant Contact for a free three month trial.  I haven't composed my newsletter yet but from what I've seen and read, it's a pretty good deal.  The caveat is that during the trial you are limited to 100 addresses.  I plan on hitting the top 100 in my area, then look at the results.  If it's working, then I'll probably decide to expand to 500 or 1000.

town & country consulting
HOME INSPECTIONS
www.tc2inspection.com
Tulsa & NE OK's Premier Home Inspector
LINK INFO:  TITLE: town & country consulting HOME INSPECTIONS  URL: www.tc2inspection.com  BODY:
Home Inspection in Tulsa, Broken Arrow, Jenks, Owasso,...

Re: Email Marketing 14 years 5 months ago #24817

Evening Ron,
Through LinkedIn, I got info about MailChimp...you can pay for pretty much unlimited contacts/emails, or you can get a free account w/ 500 contacts and 3000 emails a month!  I thought that was pretty dang good, just trying to figure the thing out.  Plus I'm not sure if I want to replace my sign-up page or not since I was getting lots of spambots before Dom bumped up the security.
Tulsa eh...my sister and bro in law graduated from TU!  Nice town, fun places to hang out!  :)

Body:  Root River Inspections serves Rochester, Winona, Red Wing, Austin, Albert Lea and surrounding Minnesota areas.
Meta Key:  Rochester home inspector, Winona home inspector, Red Wing home inspector, Albert...

Re: Email Marketing 14 years 5 months ago #24818

I use iContact. The problem with going with lesser known companies is they don't have deals with ISP's to let your mail through. So it's easier to get blocked for spam. Since the ISP's know iContant or ConstantContact will ban spammers right away, there's less worry.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Email Marketing 14 years 4 months ago #24837

Dom, if I do use something like this, do they have their own anti-spam?  Meaning...you put the CAPTCHA on my "Sign Up" page.  I can get either a link or the actual page to embed on my site.  Am I going right back to dealing with spammer signing up? 

Re: Email Marketing 14 years 4 months ago #24847

You could have a page with CAPTCHA that they enter in and then see the form. I don't know if they have CAPTCHA on their own forms. I haven't seen it and don't have it on the ones I've made with them.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.