• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not user friendly

Not user friendly 9 years 5 months ago #59440

HIP has excellent features in allowing a report template to be changed to suit most tastes.

For example, Report Settings / Formatting allows for huge flexibility in colour and font style. However from my experience and probably other inspectors it is not user friendly as the titles / headings are not very clear and I end up changing Fonts in the report / sections that I did not intend to change. A good example is all the Selection description and material fonts. Half the time I end up changing some font that I did not intend to change. I rarely go into this section to improve the look of my report, primarily as I find this section is not user friendly.

Is is possible to add a feature like you have in "Comments" which is when I bring my cursor over one of these headings (description headings) a detailed description comes up explaining exactly what font / section that I will be changing.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Title: pre purchase building surveys
Url: www.propertyhealthcheck.ie
Body: Our thorough Pre-Purchase Building Survey will mean that YOU won?t get stuck buying a Money Pit. We offer Premium Pre-Purchase Building Surveys that assist our clients in making informed decisions before buying their...
Last Edit: by Peter Sweeney.

Re: Not user friendly 9 years 5 months ago #59443

I can understand what you're saying. We're working on additional help in the program to make these changes more clear as you're working in the program.

Re: Not user friendly 9 years 5 months ago #59444

Will be nice to see this addition

Title: pre purchase building surveys
Url: www.propertyhealthcheck.ie
Body: Our thorough Pre-Purchase Building Survey will mean that YOU won?t get stuck buying a Money Pit. We offer Premium Pre-Purchase Building Surveys that assist our clients in making informed decisions before buying their...

Re: Not user friendly 9 years 5 months ago #59454

What would really help also is updating the older tutorials as some must be from 1.0/2.0 and no longer look like what we are working with today. Also... separate desktop from mobile. For non-mobile users, we are inundated with mobile info and it is getting very confusing as to what is relevant for us. It almost feels as if desktop users are being left behind for the more lucrative (but troubled) mobile market. Bad decision if you ask me!

Jeffrey R. Jonas
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

FB: www.facebook.com/MN.Home.Inspector

www.JRJConsultants.net
www.OwatonnaHomeInspector.com
www.MinnesotaCommercialBuildingInspections.com

URL: www.owatonnahomeinspector.com
Title: Critical Eye Property Inspections
Description: Providing...

Re: Not user friendly 9 years 5 months ago #59457

• Scott Patterson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I use to be a staunch desktop only user, but when I explored the time saving advantages of having 90% (for me) of the report complete when I leave the house! I can't imagine going back to only the desktop.  You should give it a try, it might rock your world!

Re: Not user friendly 9 years 5 months ago #59459

Jeffrey, all tutorials are actually being redone right now. Dan just finished redoing a few of the biggest last week and is polishing them before updating. I also have several new ones on YouTube that I've posted but just need to link on here. The biggest features to the inspection industry in years, the introduction of video in the pdf and the integrated popup glossary are both huge desktop features!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.