• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Photo resolution in finished report

Re: Photo resolution in finished report 13 years 6 days ago #41099

Great explanations Dominic.
This should help many understand.

It helped me rethink a few things that used to be hard to do when I added the photo features years ago. Now I'm going to have to go create some new HIP 3.0 features. Geez, thanks Cameron ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Photo resolution in finished report 13 years 6 days ago #41100

Hey just add the third column drop down and it would make me happy or permanent photos to keep illustrations in all templates with no need to re add every job.
I suppose a little better res for select pictures with text captions in the graphic is a good idea  :)

Re: Photo resolution in finished report 13 years 6 days ago #41101

How many illustrations would you keep in the template?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Photo resolution in finished report 13 years 6 days ago #41102

How many illustrations would you keep in the template?

Never thought about it but I do have around in my estimation say 12 and would use in every report but do not do it much because it is a pain to go to a second folder and add them.
Most likely to complicated but would be nice to have a trigger where every time a comment is made on a component it adds a set graphic or even something like a certain component tab.
That is totally complicated though so I would say off top of my head around 12 with  stuff like showing proper step flashing at a chimney ,etc.

Would not wish to have too many but it would depend on the report.

REALLY COOL IDEA ALERT........3rd drop down for illustration storage in photo edit. (OK wrong thread)

Re: Photo resolution in finished report 13 years 6 days ago #41106

I've been running everywhere the last few days, but I got a chance to take a look at all the photos you posted Dom.

The 700 wide is clearly(no pun intended) a sharper photo, but the size is about 11 times the current photo size.  That's just not enough bang for your Byte. (pun definitely intended)

After looking at all those photos and re-looking at a few of the one I posted, I think it is really more about the text and annotations added to the photos and the text or illustrations one might have in their photos.  The inspection photos are generally decent enough resolution but the annotations and text are very pixelated in comparison.

Looking at it from the stand point of a client, I don't really think they would have much need for zooming the photos beyond 150%, but I definitely think they would zoom the PDF to at least the "screen wide" setting at the top menu bar in adobe.  I have a 17" laptop and a 24" desktop monitor and the "screen wide" setting was 143% and 177% respectively.  The photos were large enough to see clearly, but at that size the annotations and text look really pixelated.

I just don't see that changing because the annotations in the 700 wide with 80 and 100 quality photos were sill fairly pixelated at that size.  Bob was definitely right about the illustrations suffering due to the resolution reduction.  I just don't see how you could put a dent in the pixelation without the photo size flying off the charts.

So I retract my idea/suggestion and await all the other features this discussion sparked in Dom's mind. 

I do like the permanent storage idea, I use my logo as the first photo in every report.  Storing it in the template would be a useful feature.  I would try to use illustrations but the quality is too low to read most of the text on them.  Adding a more streamlined way of including illustrations into the documents would be great, especially if the documents would automatically shrink the size of the illustration to the document width without dropping the resolution.  Doing that right now is beyond my HTML ability. I can add the photo, but I can't get it to size properly.

Title: Home Inspection Peoria, IL
URL:  www.aaintegrityhomeinspection.com

Re: Photo resolution in finished report 13 years 6 days ago #41107

It helped me rethink a few things that used to be hard to do when I added the photo features years ago. Now I'm going to have to go create some new HIP 3.0 features. Geez, thanks Cameron ;)

I will not rest until the whole world over-analyzes everything as much as I do.  :)

Title: Home Inspection Peoria, IL
URL:  www.aaintegrityhomeinspection.com
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.