• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Request for cover page

New Request for cover page 14 years 5 months ago #24023

Information that is loaded in the "client info" goes onto the cover page.  Size, weather, name, and Realtor info etc, along with your company info and logo.  One additional item is the Realtor.

I chatted with Dom a bit over this the other night and decided to add it here for comment and as a wish.

Personally I don't want the Realtor's name or information to show up in my printed report.  As far as I am concerned, they are not a party to the transaction between me and my client.  I get along great with them, I just don't find it necessary to have their name in the report.  BUT, at the same time, I want the Agent information to be loaded automatically into the Agent section of the software for marketing purposes.  If I just load it into the Agent section, it does not show up in the background info of my report.  It would like it to be like a picture you don't use in the report but is still there when you pull up the report within your HIP program.  That way, I can always go back to a specific inspection and find out who the agent was.

So the initial idea I had was to have a box next to the Agent's name that would be to Print or Not Print depending on whether it is checked or not.  Then I looked at some of the other items in the client info and thought it would be a good idea to have the same type of box next to each item that would normally go onto the cover page.  It would also give us a chance to add a lot of other items to the client page that would could pick and choose what info is printed.  It just gives us another option to customize the cover.

What are your thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

There is nothing sweeter than the smell of fresh cut grass on a baseball infield, the click of a wooden bat and the taste of a hot dog at a warm sunny daytime double-header.

Re: New Request for cover page 14 years 5 months ago #24025

Another option I thought about. You could expand the General Information page on the new template to include all the details you want. Then just prevent the page from printing under Report Settings->Section Colors & Print Order. This would give you the ability to create as many fields as you want. And if you didn't want something on the cover, you'd just leave the field blank under Client Info. Thoughts?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: New Request for cover page 14 years 5 months ago #24261

Another option I thought about. You could expand the General Information page on the new template to include all the details you want. Then just prevent the page from printing under Report Settings->Section Colors & Print Order. This would give you the ability to create as many fields as you want. And if you didn't want something on the cover, you'd just leave the field blank under Client Info. Thoughts?

Or you could have the fields prefill and in the Format tab have a box to check/uncheck for information to show on the cover page. That way you could have a standard cover page but if need be, you could change it for a report to add/subtract certain info.

Bob Hintze
Waypoint Property Inspection, llc
www.atampahomeinspector.com

Tampa Florida's Premier Home Inspection Company Serving Greater Tampa including Ruskin, Riverview, Brandon, Tampa, Wesley Chapel and All Surrounding Areas. 813-486-8551

Link to Me at:...

Re: New Request for cover page 14 years 5 months ago #24262

I think if we were to go that route, Stephens idea would work a little better with it being on the client info page itself as it sounds like something that would be changed often.

Dominic Maricic

Re: New Request for cover page 14 years 5 months ago #24267

I think if we were to go that route, Stephens idea would work a little better with it being on the client info page itself as it sounds like something that would be changed often.

Make's sense. Get to work!

Bob Hintze
Waypoint Property Inspection, llc
www.atampahomeinspector.com

Tampa Florida's Premier Home Inspection Company Serving Greater Tampa including Ruskin, Riverview, Brandon, Tampa, Wesley Chapel and All Surrounding Areas. 813-486-8551

Link to Me at:...

Re: New Request for cover page 14 years 5 months ago #24296

LOL. Added to the list.

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.