• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: report translation

report translation 14 years 8 months ago #19553

• Louie Flores
  • Louie Flores's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Inspect- it like it's yours...
  • Thank you received: 0
What about this type the report in English, and have it come out in a different language would be useful I get a few clients that are English challenged. They would be more comfortable reading a report in there language. May be far fetched but it would rock.. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: report translation 14 years 8 months ago #19558

Unfortunately will never be added by any inspection software company. I've gone over it with the attornies and it's a HUGE liability. The translation programs aren't perfect, especially with some of the uncommon language inspections require. Any incorrect translation could then be a cause of a lawsuit by the inspector or client.

We have guys who are bi-lingual and include both versions but they KNOW what they're saying.

Like I said, great idea though!

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: report translation 14 years 8 months ago #19566

• Louie Flores
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I am bi-lingual I can read speak Spanish good but writing is very bad it would take forever to write a report in Spanish. I had a filipino couple she could not read or not speak English very well, she spoke Tagalog.

Re: report translation 14 years 8 months ago #19713

My wife does translating on the side.  She is working on making this her career.  Like Dom said, it would be a disaster.  The problem is not only do you have to get all the words translated correctly but you have to get the meaning translated correctly.  Which means there may be some words and phrases that don't directly translate over because of the meanings.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: report translation 14 years 8 months ago #19719

• Louie Flores
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
John, Yes I understand that being bi-lingual  Spanish from Spain and Spanish from Mexico or Cuba is different in some terms but in general it is the same. Some words or phrases used and slang is only used in some areas.. ;)

Re: report translation 14 years 8 months ago #19740

I'm learning slang real well!!!!  lol

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.