• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Template and Inspection Order of Operations

Template and Inspection Order of Operations 7 years 6 months ago #63287

As a new HIP user, I'm unclear about the order of operations and saving templates. So what I have been doing is opening HIP, opening my template, entering the client data, then saving the inspection. Then, entering comments, pics, etc. Since I started making all the comments from scratch, after every 4-5 new comments, I hit 'save template'. I continue through, all the while saving the inspection and at the end, saving the inspection for the last time before printing and saving the template. Is this how others do it?
I'm a little concerned, as I made a boatload of comments in a report section and swear I saved them, but now all are gone. I've played around with it, and it seems that whenever I make new comments, save the template and re-open it later, they are still there. I must have goofed and didn't save the template after writing all the comments, but I need to have a standard operating guideline. What do ya'll do?
Also curious how others work through the report(desktop only)? So far, what seems to work for me is batch loading all the photos and assigning all of them, editing, captioning and then making comments based on what's in the photo panes.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Template and Inspection Order of Operations 7 years 6 months ago #63288

You don't need to save template until the end of the inspection. Even if HIP crashed you still have the inspection that's auto saving (assuming you have that on). You can open the inspection at any time and then click on Save Template.

You may have opened up an older job (before your latest changes)and then saved the template. That would overwrite your latest changes.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Template and Inspection Order of Operations 7 years 3 months ago #63428

Dominic, anytime we open a template or start a new inspection it should show us when the template was last saved. Maybe it could always be displayed in the top bar - next to the inspection file name. Currently we have no easy way to tell from HIP when the template was last saved. It is frustrating to find out half way through the report that you are working with an old, overwritten template.

FRANK MACAK   Lic.# 16000041526
PRIME INSPECTIONS  - www.prime-inspect.com
Quality Home Inspections in Delaware, Otsego, Chenango, Schoharie
Greene, and other Counties = approx. 75 miles radius from Oneonta NY

Re: Template and Inspection Order of Operations 7 years 3 months ago #63431

Hi Frank,

I'm not sure I understand. How is your template being overwritten by an old version of the template?

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.