• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Theme 11 (Night skyline)

Re: Theme 11 (Night skyline) 13 years 1 month ago #38283

Hi Bruce,

Just got back from InspectionWorld in Atlanta and saw your post.  You can create a collage using a program like photoscape.org pretty easily. You can legally use any image that you can take from the street (that's how Google can take all the images they do).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Theme 11 (Night skyline) 13 years 1 month ago #38289

Thanks!  I'm working fairly diligently in the background, and also studying many of these threads to get up to speed as quickly as possible.  I don't intend to become high-maintenance, but sometimes I can't easily locate the answer I'm lookin for even.  Anyhow, somewhere I'm sure there are "recipes" or pointers for how to best condition the photo's to use within themes, and within website bodies.  I think I read somewhere that the website sw does alot of the "conditioning", but I do have a few more questions_>

- how to best size my photos, resolution/size & crop?

- Where are some direct sources for useful pics apropos to our industry? I have the concern that my photos may not turn out "professional-lookin enuf", and thinkin instead of forcing in my pics, it may be simpler to draw on some that already exist in the WWW.

- The lower image of theme 11 just under the night skyline banner, is also a collage of 4 pics cropped by a puzzle piece design.  It only shows up on the home page, which I like.  To simplify my efforts I thought I could run with this, using 2 of the HIP pics already there, importing a 3rd HIP pic (the inspector from theme 9) to replace a 3rd pic in the collage, and input my own pic for the 4th "puzzle piece"...It would seem simple enough, but I'd need help on HIP's side to complete it, perhaps.  Is this possible?  Perhaps all that manipulation is already available w/in the theme(s), and its just a matter of me working on it at that level?

Black Hills Inspection Services, LLC
Black Hills, SD Home Inspector [/b
site:www.rapidcityhomeinspector.com
High value home inspections in western S. Dakota, the Black Hills, Rapid City and surrounding areas.
keywords:S. Dakota, Rapid City, Black Hills, Spearfish, Home Inspection, Home Inspector,...

Re: Theme 11 (Night skyline) 13 years 1 month ago #38292

No need to answer the last post, got much of it figured out on my own.

Black Hills Inspection Services, LLC
Black Hills, SD Home Inspector [/b
site:www.rapidcityhomeinspector.com
High value home inspections in western S. Dakota, the Black Hills, Rapid City and surrounding areas.
keywords:S. Dakota, Rapid City, Black Hills, Spearfish, Home Inspection, Home Inspector,...

Re: Theme 11 (Night skyline) 13 years 1 month ago #38297

Okay, cool :) My favorite place for pics is iStockPhoto.com

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.