• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Possible to stretch width of the header and body to fit across the whole page?

Possible to stretch width of the header and body to fit across the whole page? 9 years 7 months ago #58516

Do any of the templates give the option to stretch the header and body to take up the whole page? Ive tried messing with the blocks on a few templates but cant seem to make this happen.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Possible to stretch width of the header and body to fit across the whole page? 9 years 7 months ago #58519

Some themes go full width, some do not. If you have an image at the top it won't go full width as the pixels in the image can't be stretched for any screen so it's kept at a certain width to make sure it always looks good. Themes with patterns or colors at the top are more likely to go full width.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Possible to stretch width of the header and body to fit across the whole page? 9 years 7 months ago #58526

Looking to create something like this

www.dawsonhomeinspections.com/

Re: Possible to stretch width of the header and body to fit across the whole page? 9 years 7 months ago #58535

Wow, the problem with that site is that the image of the house is 1.5 megs! That is massive for a webpage and means the site will load slowly the first time someone visits it. We do have themes you could do something like this though, just keep the image smaller.

Dominic Maricic

Re: Possible to stretch width of the header and body to fit across the whole page? 9 years 1 month ago #60230

So that website top is nice. I have a much older template version and would love to update to a newer style. Problem is my site ranks very well and too switch would mean a LOT of work having to redo all my content and images! I can change between some older versions easily, but can I switch to a newer version?..I am just not wanting to take that much time and work right now, but I feel my site is holding me back from people calling...Any ideas.. I also worry that switching themes may cause me some issues with website rank. Seems to load ok with the new "older" theme I am using, but would like more of a professional appearance and pictures (especially at the top) than what I currently have (something like the one provided above). Any help Dominic is appreciated....

Title: Home Inspectors Boise
www.7countyhomeinspection.com
Body and Meta: A certified Boise Home Inspector offering home inspections in Boise, Meridian and Nampa. Call 208-982-5335
Meta Tags: Boise Home Inspector, Boise Home Inspection, Home Inspectors Meridian, Meridian Home Inspectors, Nampa Home...

Re: Possible to stretch width of the header and body to fit across the whole page? 9 years 1 month ago #60235

Rob, what themes do you see in your theme section?

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.