• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Making edits before going live

Making edits before going live 11 years 6 months ago #50489

I am making a ton of changes to my web page. How do I set it up to make a bunch of changes over several days, without posting to my live site, so it can't be viewed until I have it looking right?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Making edits before going live 11 years 6 months ago #50490

You can uncheck the publish check box on each page you don't want to show to the public. Then check it when you do want it to show.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Making edits before going live 11 years 6 months ago #50494

OK - I'm lost - I have edited the copy on my home pages several times, if I go anywhere - I loose all my changes and go back to the original text.

Please point me in the right direction, I don't see any check box to turn a page from live to just being edited. 

Re: Making edits before going live 11 years 6 months ago #50495

When editing your page make sure to click Save at the bottom of the page. Once you save it will stay there. Make a small change to test it out.

Dominic Maricic

Re: Making edits before going live 11 years 6 months ago #50498

Now your just messing with me - I log into my web site, I am at my home page, I click on edit, I make changes in the copy, I do not see SAVE anywhere, I only see, Preview, Submit and Delete. I have opened all the submenus - don't see Save anywhere, and I also don't see any check box that turns the page on and off  - Do you mean under the Publishing options the check boxes Published, Promoted to front page, Sticky at top of lists, Create new revisions - check boxes - one of these ?

Do you have a place to go for better more complete instructions, ?

Re: Making edits before going live 11 years 5 months ago #50510

Sorry, on the newer sites it was renamed to Submit. Yes, there are step by step animated tutorials if you click on Animated Tutorials in the admin menu of your site. You can also click on the main section of this board for tons of written step by step tutorials: www.homeinspectorpro.com/index.php?optio...index.php&board=14.0

Dominic Maricic
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.