• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to Add Images to Your Photo Galleries and Create New Galleries

How to Add Images to Your Photo Galleries and Create New Galleries 15 years 2 weeks ago #9480

To Add Photos To A Gallery.

1. In your Admin Menu, Click on Image under Create Content.
2. Give the Image a title (i.e. Sewer Pipe Missing In New Construction), this appears above the image
3. Give it a Page Title that appears at the top of the browser. If you don't add this it will use #2
4. Click on Browse and find your image and select it.
5. Choose the Gallery you want the photo to appear in.
6. Enter in a description of the image in the body (i.e. During a routing home inspection of a NEW home in Chicago, I found a piece of pipe missing from the house drainage to the sewer. Imaging my surprise when I went into the crawlspace and found it flooded). Note the keywords used (city name, home inspection)

Optional but better for SEO: Add Meta Tag
7. Add Keywords (chicago home inspection, missing sewer pipe, new home inspection).
8. Add a description (what's in #5 above is fine).
9. Under URL Path Settings change the url (i.e. missing-pipe-found-during-new-home-inspection.html). Note the keywords here.
10. Click Submit

Repeat to add additional images.

To Add Additional Galleries.
1. Click on Image Galleries under the Admin Menu.
2. Click Add Gallery
3. Give the Gallery a Name (i.e. Infrared Home Inspection Photos).
4. Give the Gallery a Description (Infrared photos taken of home inspections in (name a few cities) and the damage uncovered).
5. If you want this to be a sub category under Home Inspection Photos then pick the parent as Home Inspection Photos. If you want this to be a separate category make the parent Root.

Optional if you want this linked to a Menu
6. You're now taken back to the main Image Gallery page. Click on your new gallery to find out the URL, for example, www.homeinspectorpro.org/image/tid/5
7. Go to URL Aliases under the Admin Menu
8. Click Add Alias
9. Enter the systems internal path, in this example it would be image/tid/5
10. Enter in the URL that we want to use for better SEO: infrared-inspection-photo-gallery.html
11. Click Create New Alias
12. Click on Menus in the Admin Menu
13. Go to the Navigation Menu and click Add Item
14. Type in the Menu Name (i.e. Infrared Photo Gallery)
15. Enter in the path to the Gallery, either image/tid/5 or www.homeinspectorpro.org/infrared-inspection-photo-gallery.html would work fine.

You're done! Let me know if you have any questions on this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: How to Add Images to Your Photo Galleries and Create New Galleries 14 years 2 weeks ago #29646

thanks Dominic, I was just starting to add some inspection photos.

Mr. Home Inspection Services Inc.

Re: How to Add Images to Your Photo Galleries and Create New Galleries 13 years 10 months ago #32093

Dominic,  I have tried using your tutorial to add photos to my gallery, but can't seem to get past adding only one photo. I followed your instructions and the first photo added just fine.  I then went back to the beginning of the process and clicked on "image" once again.  The first photo now shows up in the image edit page.  If I select a new photo and change all the comments, description etc on this page, the new photo loads to the gallery, but it apparently is overlaying the previous photo as the previous photo is now gone.  How do I get a fresh image page to work with?
Thanks,  Ken

Ken Sherman
P.O. Box 1351
Lake Villa, IL 60046
(224) 637-0960
Sherman Home Inspection Services, LLC
www.shermanhomeinspection.com

Re: How to Add Images to Your Photo Galleries and Create New Galleries 13 years 10 months ago #32097

Make sure you're going to Create Content->Image each time and giving it a different url. This will make sure it's loading a new file to the gallery each time.

Dominic Maricic

Re: How to Add Images to Your Photo Galleries and Create New Galleries 13 years 2 months ago #37730

• Bert de Haan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If it is worth doing, it's worth doing well.
  • Thank you received: 0
I put a grand total of 2 pictures in the newly created photo gallery.  How do I make them visible to the public?

Bert de Haan
www.KitchenerWaterlooHomeInspector.ca
Benchmark Home Inspection Services Kitchener-Wateroo and Guelph area Home Inspection
Serving Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Orangeville, Mount Forest and surrounding areas.
Keywords: Kitchener-Waterloo home inspector, Guelph home inspection,...

Re: How to Add Images to Your Photo Galleries and Create New Galleries 13 years 2 months ago #37738

Make sure you put the in a photo gallery and they'll show up right away. Double check that the gallery is published, the photos should have been by default.

Dominic Maricic
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.