• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to Add Random Quotes

Re: How to Add Random Quotes 15 years 1 month ago #8810

Thanks, Dominic

I've finally figured it out and have the scrolling tips up and running on my site. Maybe it will give visitors a reason to pause for a few seconds on a page to view a new tip each time they go there. It provides some extra content one tidbit at a time, rather than a whole page of homeowner tips at once, like some sites provide. In doing so, perhaps some visitors will return to see what's new. Anything that keeps them on the website a little longer is a good thing.  :)

Joel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Joel Smith
Therma-Check
Link URL: www.marylandenergyauditor.com
Body: Home Energy Audits and Thermal Imaging in Maryland, Baltimore Metro Region and Hanover, PA
Key Words: Maryland home energy audit, Baltimore, thermal imaging
Meta Desc: Maryland Energy Audits
URL Path: maryland-energy-auditor

Re: How to Add Random Quotes 15 years 1 month ago #8819

Joel, I think it looks awesome. Thanks for posting for others to see.

I'd change :(A new one whenever you return to any page) to (Visit another page to view another tip) or (Random Savings Tip)

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: How to Add Random Quotes 15 years 1 month ago #8830

Yes, I like your suggestion and have made the change, altering the first "another" to "any other."  Now there is more motivation for visitors to navigate around, even if just to satisfy their curiosity that in fact a new tip does appear no matter where they go on the site. In doing so they may find something of interest on whatever random page they pick, which will hopefully lead them sooner or later (eagerly) to the "schedule an inspection" page.

Joel Smith
Therma-Check
Body: Home Energy Audits and Thermal Imaging in Maryland, Baltimore Metro Region and Hanover, PA

Re: How to Add Random Quotes 15 years 1 month ago #8831

Might I make one suggestion? 

I went to your site to see how this looked and it took me some time to find it.  It blends in with everything else too well.  If you want it to stand out for your visitors, I would recommend changing the font color to something that will stand out.

Hope my two cents helps out.

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: How to Add Random Quotes 15 years 1 month ago #8902

John,

Thanks for checking it out. However, I'm puzzled because on the three computers I've used, the menu block is medium to dark olive green, depending on the monitor, and the tips text is off-white, which provides a good contrast for viewing on those monitors. However, when I was creating the tips section the text was black, until I got them formatted.

Would you mind checking again just to make sure they are properly visible as intended. Maybe you saw them while I was working with them. If you are still having difficulty reading them, we'll have to check into it further.

Thanks

Joel Smith
Therma-Check
Last Edit: by Joel E. Smith.

Re: How to Add Random Quotes 15 years 1 month ago #8906

Joel, add www to your link address in your signature so it's clickable.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.