• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to allow clients to chat with you through your website.

Re: How to allow clients to chat with you through your website. 13 years 5 months ago #36545

Hi Brandon,

Go to Meebo.com, register and get the code to insert into your site. Create a block, click SOURCE when editing the block and save. Then move the block to one of the sidebars & save. Let us know if you need any help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: How to allow clients to chat with you through your website. 13 years 5 months ago #36548

Hi Brandon,

Go to Meebo.com, register and get the code to insert into your site. Create a block, click SOURCE when editing the block and save. Then move the block to one of the sidebars & save. Let us know if you need any help.

Holy crap that was a fast response!!!!

Thanks

Re: How to allow clients to chat with you through your website. 13 years 5 months ago #36549

That's what we're here for ;)

Dominic Maricic

Re: How to allow clients to chat with you through your website. 13 years 5 months ago #36559

Last night I was successful at loading the IM chat service onto all of my websites. Today I booked an inspection thanks to the service! It really does work!

Interested clients are 90% more likely to ask you a quick question via instant online messaging vs. picking up the phone and calling. They ask a quick question then all you gotta do is set the hook. I believe people like having the option to inquire about something without any risk of being pushed or urged to make a quick decision.

I'm still struggling with getting the IM's sent to my Iphone vs the computer. I had it working last night. The text response times were just as quick as the instant messaging times. I don't know why but it's not sending the messages to my Iphone anymore? The inquiries are still popping up on my computer vs. my Iphone.

If anyone knows how to configure the settings to route the messages to an Iphone when your not at your desk than please let me know?

Once I get this dialed in than I'm expecting atleast 3-4 additional inspections a month, but who knows, maybe it was beginners luck. Either way, it's still an awesome feature!

In most cases, I'd much rather ask someone a quick instant message question vs. having to call them. Yes, I'm from Generation X, but there's a bunch of us so get use to it, haha

If this form of communication wasn't effective than Text Messaging wouldn't be dominating our communication methods as they have for years now.

Any Instant Message forwarded to Iphone tips would be much appreciated!

Re: How to allow clients to chat with you through your website. 13 years 5 months ago #36560

That's great Brandon, I'm glad you're already having success from the tips here. You basically have already paid for the next year of website hosting by following a single tip. Nice job!

As far as the iPhone, which application are you sending it to on your phone? Are you trying to connect it to SMS or to something like Google Chat/Talk? I set it up for awhile and had it setup on my Android via Google Talk. You can also run a MSN/AIM/Yahoo chat client on your iphone as well.

Dominic Maricic

Re: How to allow clients to chat with you through your website. 13 years 5 months ago #36562

That's great Brandon, I'm glad you're already having success from the tips here. You basically have already paid for the next year of website hosting by following a single tip. Nice job!

As far as the iPhone, which application are you sending it to on your phone? Are you trying to connect it to SMS or to something like Google Chat/Talk? I set it up for awhile and had it setup on my Android via Google Talk. You can also run a MSN/AIM/Yahoo chat client on your iphone as well.

Thanks for the quick response, once again!

My brother said Google Talk didn't have a Iphone App yet to do what all I was wanting.

Basically the best option I found from my searching and brothers advice was to use AIM(only because I already registered), connect the AIM account to Meebo.com and get your embedded code to put into your website. This provides the computer to computer IM service.

To have the messages forwarded directly to your phone then it takes an Iphone AIM Application that's like $1.99/month. I would go ahead with it but I'm going to see my brother over Thanks Giving and let him unlock my Ipad, Iphone and make it to where I can get the Apps.

I'll keep you posted on what App is the best, cheapest, or even free. For now, getting the AIM account or any of the 5 accepted IM programs, signing up for Meebo.com, getting your source code, then putting it into a block will get you going.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.