• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to Add A Slideshow

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 14 years 8 months ago #17548

Sure, it's a block, assign it to the header location and see what happens ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 14 years 8 months ago #17562

I added a test slideshow to the site, in the header text area. Check it out, and let me know. It seems to perform differently depending on the browser, it performs strangely in IE, moves everything, as far as I can tell.

I then added it to the header image area. It does not show in FF, and acts the same as in the text area in IE.

I added it to top menu and it does the same as the text area.

<b>Title:</b> Orland Park Home Inspector
www.OrlandParkHomeInspections.com
<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679
<b>UPath:</b>...
Last Edit: by Michael Merino.

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 14 years 8 months ago #17565

I see it in the header in Firefox, Google Chrome and IE 8 and it didn't move the page. What version of IE are you using? If you have it in the main body above text then some browsers will redraw the screen causing text to move up and down, but it should be okay in the header.  If all else fails, make it from slide.com as that will be flash rather than javascript. Not quite as good for SEO but it'll look right as it's a fixed size.

You've been pasting from Microsoft Word again. You need to avoid doing that. Paste to notepad first. I can see in your Footer code left over from MS Word:
Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";}

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 14 years 8 months ago #17569

Dom, I have it in the header text area. My choices for the header are Header Text, Header Image, or Top Menu. I am using IE7, because I didn't like IE8. So you didn't see anything abnormal?

Yeah I keep forgetting about that pasting thing.

<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 14 years 8 months ago #17785

I removed the slideshow from the header and added the slideshow to a panel/page on the site, . It moves the header and page around in IE7. I am a bit concerned because I am sure many people use IE7 and if they go to my site they may leave because they can not read any text or info. Can this be corrected to work in IE7 or should I just go with another theme? It works well in Chrome and Firefox.

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 14 years 8 months ago #17838

Theme 2 has the same issue in IE7 as theme 8. Moves the page.

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.