• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to Add A Slideshow

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 14 years 8 months ago #16286

The slideshow does not accept text, it only displays the file names. You can insert a slideshow in an existing page, but only to the top or bottom of it. If you want it in the middle you have to use a Panel instead of a Page. It's just a matter of copy and paste though.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 14 years 8 months ago #16290

I added text somehow, but now I can't remember what I did. My head hurts, ALOT!!

How do I add it to the top of my home page?

I am also noticing that when I add an image to the existing sideshow, it does not show up right away, there seems to be a delay. I have my slideshow in a block, but also in my menu as a page. The menu page says there are 7 images, the block says there are 6.

<b>Title:</b> Orland Park Home Inspector
www.OrlandParkHomeInspections.com
<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679
<b>UPath:</b>...
Last Edit: by Michael Merino.

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 14 years 8 months ago #16301

Are you talking about a photo gallery or a slideshow? What menu page lists the number of images?

It's possible some things do have a delay as parts of the site are cached to speed things up.

Dominic Maricic

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 14 years 8 months ago #16331

Look at my site Dom, I have a slideshow there now. It tells you on the slideshow the number of images, ie:1/7. I have the slideshow on my home page and also on a separate page all by itself that is listed in the navigation menu. If I go to the page it says 1/6 but the home page said 1/7. It seems like the changes take some time before they show.

As far as text for the images. When I set up my image gallery I added text to help with SEO. I wanted to do that for the slideshow. I am not sure if it helps or not for the slideshow.  did add some text, but should each image have it? Isn't there something called an alt tag? I do not know what that is, I have just seen it before.

Now, you said something about putting the slideshow into a table. I added a table, how do I get the slideshow in there?

<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 14 years 8 months ago #16357

The alt tag comes in with normal images. Look at the image properties (click the image then the image button) and add in your keywords to the alt tag.

Both slideshows say 1/7 for me. Your computer is caching the javascript. Hold shift and click F5 to force your browser to get the latest version off the net.

Go to Create Content and click on Panel and play around with one.

Dominic Maricic

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 14 years 8 months ago #16358

Go to Create Content and click on Panel and play around with one.

What do you mean? Is this to add the slideshow to my table? I have a table on the home page, how do I put the slideshow in it?

Last Edit: by Michael Merino.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.