• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to Add A Slideshow

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 10 years 11 months ago #53113

PictureTrail.com. Honestly, I was going to switch to the "in house" slideshow because I want a small explanation at the bottom (by naming the files before uploading, like you have it) but have not gotten around to it yet. I guess I could have an explanation on the pictures in PictureTrail but I would have to do it first (edit function in HIP report writing) but I did not do it that way when I completed my reports.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Quality Inspections You Can Trust!
Travis Kepp-owner
(Link Information Below. Please Enter Exactly as Is)
Title: Southern Star Inspections, LLC
Link URL: www.cypresshomeinspection.com/
Body: Cypress Home Inspector performs home inspections in Cypress, Katy, The Woodlands, Magnolia, Tomball,...

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 10 years 11 months ago #53114

You do not have to rename the image in HIP. Are your images saved in a separate folder? If so, just copy them to your desktop and rename them there, then you can load them to the slideshow. I save all my inspection images in a separate folder, one, because the state of Illinois requires I keep everything I used to create my report, but also for things like this. I don't like the in house show because it has to go in a block and then you have to use panels, which is more work.

<b>Title:</b> Orland Park Home Inspector
www.OrlandParkHomeInspections.com
<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679
<b>UPath:</b>...
Last Edit: by Michael Merino.

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 10 years 11 months ago #53115

It is funny to read this thread back when I first started. Now it seems so easy, back then it gave me headaches. LOL :)

<b>Des:</b> Orland Park Home inspector performs home inspections in Orland Park, Tinley Park, New Lenox, Frankfort, & Palos Heights. 708-535-6057, 708-612-6679

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 10 years 11 months ago #53116

Yes they are saved. After editing them for the report (arrows, circles, etc.) I then copy them into a separate file and name them with a brief description. If I switch to using the "In house" slideshow, and use those copied pictures, it should show the brief description below each picture as they move through the slideshow.

That is what you have done correct?

If you look at the slideshow I have now, it does not show the brief description of each picture. I would have to describe the picture on the actual picture in the HIP report writing (square/text, etc) but I typically do not edit my pictures that way in my reports. I do not write text on the pictures in my report.

Travis Kepp-owner
Body: Cypress Home Inspector performs home inspections in Cypress, Katy, The Woodlands, Magnolia, Tomball,...

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 10 years 11 months ago #53119

I renamed my images as explained in my other post. Are you editing your images outside of HIP? You don't have to do it like that. Here is what I do.

1-I place all my images into a client folder

2-I open HIP and batch add the images from the client folder

3-I edit the images inside of HIP

My originals have not changed. For the slideshow I choose the images I want and copy them to my desktop. I then rename the files, as an example, cupped-shingles.jpg. Then I load them into the inhouse slideshow. It automatically shows the description without the file extension.

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 10 years 11 months ago #53128

Michael, I believe I am doing the same thing as you are up to step #3.
After step #3, I then copy the edited pictures from the HIP report into a folder, name those pictures with a small description, and place those pictures in my image gallery. (I keep two folders of pictures for each client - 1 folder of original pictures off the camera to keep for record and 1 for the pictures once they have been edited in HIP to use for marketing, etc.) I went through this process with the slideshow I am using but as you can see, the Picture Trail slideshow does not show the "name" of each picture file (description). That is why I am thinking about the "inhouse" slideshow so that each picture will have the small description of what is being called out.

Travis Kepp-owner
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.