• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to Add A Slideshow

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 13 years 6 months ago #35287

Did you copy the block of code into the SOURE area of your site?  Then you just need to upload your mp3 and enter the file location for it where the source says to put your filename.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 13 years 6 months ago #35288

Sounds easy enough, doesn't it? :)

My problem is I haven't found WHERE to upload the file.

STREAMLINE KIDS
"Their Future Starts Here"

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 13 years 6 months ago #35334

You can upload it to any folder, you just need to track the location of it. Upload it and let me know where you put it and I'll let you know what the address is.

Dominic Maricic

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 13 years 3 months ago #37589

• Bert de Haan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If it is worth doing, it's worth doing well.
  • Thank you received: 0
I finally did it.  I added a slide show to my site.  I read every post in this thread but I still have a couple of questions; (If the answer is in this thread, I missed it.) 
1) How do I add and alternate text for each image?  I can't find a location anywhere that allows me to right click the image to bring me to a menu with "image properties."
2) I understood that using a panel allows me to insert text in one panel, then the slide show in the middle panel and more text in the bottom panel.  How do I go about that? 
BTW, no hurry for the answer.  Have a good Christmas Dominic and everyone.

Bert de Haan
www.KitchenerWaterlooHomeInspector.ca
Benchmark Home Inspection Services Kitchener-Wateroo and Guelph area Home Inspection
Serving Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Orangeville, Mount Forest and surrounding areas.
Keywords: Kitchener-Waterloo home inspector, Guelph home inspection,...

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 13 years 3 months ago #37590

• Bert de Haan
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • If it is worth doing, it's worth doing well.
  • Thank you received: 0
I guess there is a limit to the amount of characters in the file name.  I used the file name as a short description but some of the longer ones are getting cut off.  Do I have to change the file name on my computer, re-upload the image and delete the other one?
Do the file names get viewed as text by Google?

Is there any way I can have the text appear as normal text and_not_have_the_underscore_marks_between_words?
Thank you.

Bert de Haan
www.KitchenerWaterlooHomeInspector.ca
Benchmark Home Inspection Services Kitchener-Wateroo and Guelph area Home Inspection
Serving Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Orangeville, Mount Forest and surrounding areas.
Keywords: Kitchener-Waterloo home inspector, Guelph home inspection,...

Re: How to Add A Slideshow 13 years 3 months ago #37600

Hi Bert,

On the slideshows you can only use the filename as you've done. They're setup to be simple and easy to use. You can use slide.com to create a slideshow as flash and then just upload the code wherever you want on any page. This will probably give you better results if you're looking for more detail as you are.

Dominic Maricic
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.