• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Limit on the size of a blog entry????

Limit on the size of a blog entry???? 13 years 11 months ago #30693

• James Levy
  • James Levy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • NJ#24GI00101400, FL # HI7765
  • Thank you received: 0
I tried to copy and paste Nachi's "Safety Guidelines for Home Pools" as a blog entry into one of my sites. When I tried to submit it it loaded for about 10 mins. before I gave up. I tried notepad and same thing. I then tried to divide it up and presto the first half took and the second is still trying to load, maybe 15 mins. now.

Is there a limit to page size allowed?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

www.homespectllc.com
Homespect LLC
Home and commercial Inspections in Medford, Mount Laurel, Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Marlton NJ, and the surrounding areas.

Re: Limit on the size of a blog entry???? 13 years 11 months ago #30709

• James Levy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Still loading! I guess we are going on 7 plus hours. I may stop soon. :o

www.homespectllc.com
Homespect LLC
Home and commercial Inspections in Medford, Mount Laurel, Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Marlton NJ, and the surrounding areas.

Re: Limit on the size of a blog entry???? 13 years 11 months ago #30716

You need to clean it up via notepad, you can't copy & paste from the nachi site. Also any plugins you have can prevent large pages from loading.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Limit on the size of a blog entry???? 13 years 11 months ago #30717

• James Levy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
There are two things that I always try when I have site issues, cleaning out my cache and notepad. I will try the notepad thing again and hope it makes a liar out of me. ;)

www.homespectllc.com
Homespect LLC

Re: Limit on the size of a blog entry???? 13 years 11 months ago #30725

Let me know how it goes.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: Limit on the size of a blog entry???? 13 years 9 months ago #32982

Drew, did you ever figure it out? I just foung this thread after going thru the same issue of being to long or large of an entry for the blog submital for my site (my active rain blog did take it entirely). I also was cutting and pasting from Notepad. I wrote the blog on AbiWord2.6, which would not paste to the blog entry, so I copied to wordpad and tried to cut and paste but figured out it was to long as it wouldn't take. After a while it just stopped trying and said page not found. So i did the same as you, and pasted part of it, which it took. But I couldn't paste the last part, as it finally shut down on me when trying. It only kept part one. Now I can't even get back on edit to try.
Questions- Drew, Dom and others-
How can you get back to edit blogs, as it let's me edit at first, right after submittal, but once i leave that page and come back even when logged in the blogs won't allow editing.
Qoute from above- "Also any plugins you have can prevent large pages from loading." Question- what do you mean by plugins? -Are they Images added?
Qoute from above- "Cleaning out my cache and notepad". Question-what is cache and how do you clean out cache and notepad?
Qoute from Drew (4-6-10) - "Still loading! I guess we are going on 7 plus hours."  Drew, did you ever quit, if not you're up to 1608 hours !! ;D ;D

Title: San Antonio Home Inspections
Site: www.jwkhomeinspections.com
Body: JWK Inspections, San Antonio Home Inspector, Performing Home Inspections in San Antonio & all surrounding areas.
Keywords: San Antonio Home Inspections, New Home Construction Inspections, New Braunfels, Schertz, Home...
Last Edit: by Joe Keresztury.
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.