• 888-750-4777
  • This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to Add Links to the Directory and Create New Link Categories

How to Add Links to the Directory and Create New Link Categories 15 years 10 months ago #1206

1. Log into site
2. Under Create Content click on Weblink
3. In the Title box type in the name of the company, for our example: Owl Home Inspections
4. In the Link URL box type in the website address, for our example: www.owlhomeinspections.com
5. In the body section type a little bit of info about the site: Performs Home Inspections in Chicago and surrounding areas
6. In the Links box select the category you want the link to appear in. If you want to create a new category, see below.
7. The page title box is optional. If you don't enter in anything it will use what you typed into Title in #3 for the page title at the top of the site. If you want to
8. Meta Tag Description (Optional): Enter in whatever you put into the body here, usually you have a few good keywords in it so it will help your site rankings to do it: Performs Home Inspections in Chicago and surrounding areas
9. Meta Tag Keywords (Optional): Type in one or two phrases relating to the link, such as "Chicago Home Inspections".
10. Menu Settings (Optional) : Skip this unless you want the link to show up on your menu. If you want it to, fill this out like you would a page menu link.
11. URL Path Settings (Optional) : It's a good idea to set this as you can get some more keywords into your domain, for example: Owl-Home-Inspections.html
12. Click Submit and you're done!!

To Create new Link categories:
1. Click on Link Categories in your admin menu (If you do not see this link let us know, some of the early sites did not have the link).
2. Click Add Term at the top
3. Select Root as the parent if this is a main category, or select another category if this will be a sub category (for example, adding states under home inspetors)
4. Term Name: Enter the Category Name, for example Contractors
5. Description: Type in the description, for example: This section is for local contractors that we have worked with and know are of high quality.
6. Ignore everything else and click Submit. You're done!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Dominic Maricic
Home Inspector Pro Home Inspection Software - CEO

Re: How to Add Links to the Directory and Create New Link Categories 15 years 9 months ago #1477

Animated tutorial on this has been added: www.homeinspectorpro.com/Home-Inspection...-link-directory.html

Dominic Maricic

Re: How to Add Links to the Directory and Create New Link Categories 15 years 7 months ago #2589

Hey Dom I've been looking at adding the states as a sub menu under my home inspector website link.  I've done it the way you say to do it, but the sub menu shows up on the main page (as a sub menu) but I don't want people to see the list of states until they enter the 'home inspector website' menu.  How can I get it to do that?

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: How to Add Links to the Directory and Create New Link Categories 15 years 7 months ago #2590

I'll have to add in an option to show it on the home page or not. I have a few other options I need to finish up first and then I'll come back to this. Go ahead and create your states for now and once the option is up it'll move them (you won't have to redo).

Dominic Maricic

Re: How to Add Links to the Directory and Create New Link Categories 15 years 7 months ago #2599

Okay cool deal.  Thanks

HLC Home Inspections LLC
www.OklahomaHomeInspector.biz
We are a licensed inspector for the state of Oklahoma.?  Our focus is Oklahoma City, Moore, Mustang, Yukon, Tuttle, and many other areas surrounding OKC.
HLC-Home-Inspections-Oklahoma-City

HLC Home Inspections LLC...

Re: How to Add Links to the Directory and Create New Link Categories 15 years 6 months ago #3245

I need to know how to move or remove links, after they have been created.

Please help. ???

Alan

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
© 2004-2024 Home Inspector Pro Inc. All Rights Reserved.